No announcement yet.

Help needed with wedding music!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Love and Marriage" from Jimmy van Heusen. It's from "Married with children"

Rakido
    Last edited by Rakido; 10 November 2003, 06:50.
    "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

u remember the song what if good smoked cannabis? :P!
      WaterCooled!
      AMD Athlon XP 2400+@2325 with Water!

Lian Li PC71 Mods UnderWay!
      Radeon 9800 Pro 450Core / 375 Mem With Original Cooling just memsinks added
      512mb HyperX Dual Channel 400MHz Ram
      Modding is my life allways was my life and i intend it to be my life

Comment

well on the subject of Wagner: ride of the valkiries

how about Stravinskies Firebird ballet the last movment aftter the firebirds lullaby might be intresting.... it is after all the wedding scene on prince Ivan's court.... and the lullaby is quite southing....

ofcourse their is always the wedding march from Mendelhsons rendition of ol' william shakspeer's "a midsummer nights dream"......
        "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

there is also Bach's Ave Maria,,....
          "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Bach? I know of many AM's but I don't recollect one from Bach. Do you have a BWV#?
            Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

hold on.... i will look for it....

Comment

cant find a BVW for it... .thats odd..... i will consult my music profesor on this mater

Comment

Brian, check out that link I posted for amazon.de. I believe there is an excerpt on that album. I have an Andrea Bocelli CD with it as well. It isn't as well known as Schubert's Ave, but close.

track 16
                  Last edited by KvHagedorn; 12 November 2003, 06:29.

Comment

welll i know it exists.... i have it .... but i cant seem to find a BWV#.... everything else does however... eh..

Comment

Got it, SD

It was Gounod's AM, but he much modified a secular Bach piece for it. This was the first prelude from the Wohl temperiete Klavier (sp?).

As far as I know, Bach never wrote an AM, himself.

Comment

You're completely right, Brian! It's the Präludium C-Dur, the first piece of Das Wohltemperierte Clavier (I think it was written with C, not K, back then)

Wonderful piece of music!

If paddy were in a church I'd have suggested his Toccata and Fugue in d minor. Unfortnately, I can't play it at original sound levels here ...

AZ
                        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Or at least the Toccata

The fugue (psychological, not musical, sense) will come after a couple of years or so of marriage

Unfortunately there are few church organs/acoustics that can do it justice. I have listened to it in two cathedrals where the infrasound and its harmonics have really caused a truly emotional experience, Ely and Notre Dame de Paris (the new organ, superb!). I have at least half-a-dozen CDs with it, but only one comes close to being emotional in the combination of the sound quality and musical rendering. I mentioned this in a different thread. I don't have the details offhand, but it was on a Denon label and was recorded on the organs of a church in LA. If anyone is interested, I'll look it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis
                            Gounod's AM, but he much modified a secular Bach piece for it.
                            As far as I know, Bach never wrote an AM, himself.

yup... you are right

Comment

Would be nice if you could look it up, Brian

Maybe I'll buy it... don't know if it makes sense with my cheap HiFi though.

AZ
                              There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

The recordings of Michael Murray on Telarc are pretty impressive. 80049 and 80088 are the numbers, I believe. The first was done in Boston's Methuen hall and has the Passacaglia and Fugue in C Minor on it.. my favorite Bach organ piece. The second was done in Los Angeles and has the Tocatta and Fugue in D Minor.

Comment

Working...
                                X