No announcement yet.

The new Maserati QuatroPorte!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That Maserati QuatroPorte has a nice exterior, but what the hell is up with that godawful interior?!?! A nice fresh modern outside, ugly ass old-man wood on the inside. YUCK!! Beige sucks too.

Guichi: sedans rule you impractical wanker.

Bart
    P.S. I don't like the X5 either, but I find sport utes to be rather gay in general. Don't like any of em.
    Bart

Comment

Hi Rock, yeah I was a bit amazed that they still offer wood trim interior for a new car like the QuatroPorte. I say that because all Ferraris have the nice awesome looking brushed aluminum trim and would have thought that they would incorporate that in the new Maserati.

After all it was designed by Pininfarina so what happened there who knows.

I would still love to own one though

Regards,
      Elie

Comment

@The Rock: Am saying that I'd rather take the Maserati Coupe than the Quattroporte. Other than that...A8 for me please. With the W12 engine plz. Show your puny 3 Series what power means

and its Guchi not Guichi

Comment

Power schmower. Audis still don't drive like bimmers. Not even close. Audis/Benz = old people looking for status. Turbo 4-bangers. Pfffft!
          Bart

Comment

BMW - Bei Mercedes Weggeschmissen.
            Directly translated it means "Thrown away by Mercedes"

Comment

Originally posted by GuchiGuh
              @The Rock: Am saying that I'd rather take the Maserati Coupe than the Quattroporte. Other than that...A8 for me please. With the W12 engine plz. Show your puny 3 Series what power means
              Do you mean an M3 CSL???

Other than the CSL the Volvo S60 R, looks very sharp. At a good price!!!:not:

Comment

Re: The new Maserati QuatroPorte!!!

Originally posted by Elie
                Complete with a V8 400HP engine to push this ;ittle beauty from 0 to 100 in 5.2 seconds.
                Not bad for a sedan eh?
                That's stupid fast for only 400hp.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rock
                  Power schmower. Audis still don't drive like bimmers. Not even close. Audis/Benz = old people looking for status.
                  Audis drive very nicely.
                  Turbo 4-bangers. Pfffft!
                  HA! Wanna race?

Comment

NEVER!! My car is slow as the average donkey. I'd just like to see more powerful naturally aspirated engines. Thats one of the many reasons I dig BMWs. No turbos, no superchargers, and the M3 is still the standard by which most other sports cars are benchmarked against. When the new M5 hits, it will lead the industry yet again. My bimmer is the bottom of the line and sure not race-worthy. 2.2L/168hp ain't much. I bet my machine still outhandles most Audis in the twisties.
                    Bart

Comment

0 - 100 ??

Was that Imperial or Metric ?

This..

Was doing something similer in 1971

The original owner sold it around 1977 as his kids were approaching licensing age and he didn't want them to get their hands on it. The car was then sold to another country guy, who carried out the restoration and basically stored it for twenty years.

This car is optioned with the A87 TrackPack which consisted of a 16:1 ratio steering box, 14x7 alloy wheels, heavy duty brake discs and hubs, and adjustable rear suspension, the A95 interior dress up pack which included reclining bucket seats, carpets and a 3-spoke steering wheel. The D20 4-speed gearbox, the D56 3.50 ratio Sure Grip Limited Slip differential, and the magic E49 code which gave you a race prepared and blueprinted 265 HEMI six cylinder engine.

The E49 "six-pack" engine came with a baffled sump, tuned length headers, special crankshaft, conrods, pistons, rings, cam, twin plate clutch and triple 45mm dual throat Weber Carburettors. Chrysler quoted this engine as producing 302 HP.
                      ( This picture is under the hood shot of another E49)

Not that I'm a purple Valiant kinda guy (Aussies will know what that refers to), I'm more of a Monaro fanatic (rabid)...

But credit where its due.... When I was 15 I was selling newspapers on the streets of Perth on saturday nights.... I clearly remember this Blue "six pack" that kept chucking Laps... Along came the local "Hoon" wellying his gtho..Lighting em up in the process..

From nowhere this blue charger appeared.. an arm came out the passenger side and placed a blue flashing Magnetic light on top and....................................

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugger me... Vanishing point !!

Must've been the fastest damn roadcar I'd ever seen at that time.
                      Last edited by THE_Editor; 21 November 2003, 16:23.
                      Paul ... Peterborough ..Uk

....Ex- Perth ...WA .....

The ( EX) Forrestfield Flyer

Comment

Originally posted by The Rock
                        I bet my machine still outhandles most Audis in the twisties.
                        Because 3er is industry leader in lower luxury segment dude It still woops newcomers like Mazda6 and Saabs.

Comment

And Audis, and Lexus, and Benz too. No Benz tracks as well as a 3 series, even that ugly SLR batmobile.
                          Bart

Comment

hrmz....what a BMW fan you are. I am just a GermanCarFan, that's all
                            I agree the 3 series is one fine vehicle, but HOW DARE YOU COMPARE A PUNY 3 SERIES WITH THE AWESOME SLR!!!!

Comment

LOL!! The SLR doesn't really impress me. But it is one helluva supercar. I'll never be able to afford one anyways, but even if I could I wouldn't buy one. If I had the $$$, I'd get the Aston Martin V12 Vanquish over the SLR. The SLR looks too Batmobile-ish for me. That Vanquish is so beautiful that its borderline masturbation material.
                              Bart

Comment

Originally posted by GuchiGuh
                                HOW DARE YOU COMPARE A PUNY 3 SERIES WITH THE AWESOME SLR!!!!
                                I tend to agree with the rock here. Can you imagine a car with over 600hp not being able to get with a manual gearbox???

Comment

Working...
                                X