F1 Predictions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 Predictions?

I'm looking forward to the new season (starts this weekend in Aussie land - not sure if I'll be able to stay up for it though). I could be doing a reprise of the Likely Lads trying not to hear the football score

Anyway, I'm guessing it'll be even more competetive than last year, with 5 teams in the mix (Ferrari, Williams, Mclaren, Renault & hopefully BAR, reliability permitting). Jordan will probably disappoint and I wish Jaguar more luck than they've had.

T.
    FT.

... me predicts that arton sena will be resurected and will win first place...
    "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

FT.

Comment

sory.. i just dont care mutch about cars since i can barly drive them... and i am 26...
        "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Yawn.. I suppose Michael Schumacher will win again.

Comment

NP. A lot of people feel protective about Ayrton. He's pretty much a legend in motorsport.
            FT.

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
              Yawn.. I suppose Michael Schumacher will win again.
              Don't bet on it....there's lots of new talent and expertise to keep him on his toes. Sure, everyone will have one eye on him, but he won't have an easy ride. He's not my favourite driver (obviously I'd like to see DC or Button do well) but I do have to admit his brilliance.
              FT.

Comment

Well I guess Ferrari will be the team to beat. they will probably be very strong. Schumacher is the favorite for a 7th title.

As cahllengers, Raikonnen is very good but I don't know if the McLaren will be reliable enough. Coulthard is over imho.

Williams seems to have a killer car so Montoya and the other Schumacher can win races if not a title. but I think Montoya is still too "nervous".

Renault is still rising, they probably won't fight for the crown but it is sure that they will be fighting with the other top teams and win a few races...

Toyota still needs a few years to compete seriously, they lack the expertise.

Bar might be a surprise, they were very fast this winter. Maybe they could be the 5th team and make some podiums...
                System : ASUS A8N SLI premium, Athlon 64X2 3800+, 2Gb, T7K500 320Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb ATA133, Nec ND-3520, Plextor PX130A, SB Audigy 2, Sapphire Radeon X800 GTO, 24" Dell 2407WFP.

Comment

McLaren is going to be a handful.

Comment

Well, IMO:
                    Ferrarri will do a nice job (they are one of the teams with the most resources and decent knowhow). Hopefully, they let their drivers race each other.

I'm hoping Williams will compete even more (I like the style of both drivers); apart from some reliability issues last season, they did seem to have the performance last season.

Last season, Alonso (Renault) made some great races; I hope his car will allow him to give the two teams above a run for their money...

Finally, McLaren... Well, I wouldn't put too much in to Coulthard (as far as raceresults are concerned), but his knowhow and Kimi's driving will probabely make Kimi a serious contendor...

I personally don't expect too much from BAR...

Jörg
                    pixar
                    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

I wonder if McLaren have a big enough budget to afford a personality for Raikonnen this year?
                      FT.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tone
                        NP. A lot of people feel protective about Ayrton. He's pretty much a legend in motorsport.
                        actualy.. about the only time that i did watch F1 was because of him befor the accident.... watched it for a short while till the crash then never watched F1 or had any intrest in it again aside from what my freinds talk about....

Comment

Is F1 still watchable?

There are about 0-2 overtakes per race and most swindles happen with choosing less or more pit-stops.

Comment

Originally posted by UtwigMU
                            Is F1 still watchable?

There are about 0-2 overtakes per race and most swindles happen with choosing less or more pit-stops.
                            Last season was much better in this respect. A lot of things still came down to pit-stops, but overtaking did happen (and in some races quite often). In different races there also were some exciting duels...

Jörg
                            pixar
                            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Yes, its definitely watchable, but you have to play close attention. It is extremely tactical - pit stops and strategy count for an awful lot. The newer circuits are being designed with more overtaking opportunities. Last years qualifying changed often mixed up the grid so there was more action than before. Some tv directors (ahem, italy) feel they should keep a tight-focus on M Schumacher the whole 2 hours which spoils things, but generally I'd say its worth another look if you were bored a couple of years ago.

Qualifying has changed again this year, so it remaind to be seen what effect that has. Now the teams are only allowed one engine per car all weekend there are bound to be more retirements - maybe good for the little guys if they have reliability, but maybe bad for others.

Only a few hours to go...
                              FT.

Comment

Working...
                              X