coupla jokes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coupla jokes

A pirate walks into a bar with a steering wheel from a car sticking out the fly of his pants.

The bartender says, "Hey! You've got a steering wheel stuck in your pants!"

The pirate says, "Aye, and it's driving me nuts."

A panda walked into a cafe. He ordered a sandwich, ate it, then pulled out a gun and shot the waiter. 'Why?' groaned the injured man. The panda shrugged, tossed him a badly punctuated wildlife manual and walked out. And sure enough, when the waiter consulted the book, he found an explanation. 'Panda,' ran the entry for his assailant. 'Large black and white mammal native to China. Eats, shoots and leaves.'

The English Language (especially for SpiralDragon )

I take it that you already know
    Of tough and bough and cough and dough.
    Others may stumble, but not you,
    On hiccough, thorough, laugh and through.
    Well done! And now you wish, perhaps,
    To learn of less familiar traps.

Beware of heard, a dreadful word,
    That looks like beard and sounds like bird;
    And dead: it's said like bed and not like bead.
    For goodness sake don't call it deed.
    Watch out for meat and great and treat;
    They rhyme with suite and straight and debt.

A moth is not a moth in mother,
    Nor both in bother, broth in brother;
    And here is not a match for there,
    Nor dear and fear for bear and pear.
    And then there's dose and rose and lose -
    Just look them up - and goose and choose,
    And cork and work and cord and ward,
    And font and front and word and sword,
    And do and go and thwart and cart.

Come, come, I've hardly made a start!
    A dreadful language? Man alive!
    I'd mastered it when I was five!

Two fish swim into a concrete wall. One turns to the other and says dam

Two fish are in a tank. One says to the other I’ll man the guns, you drive

A Russian couple was walking down the street in Moscow one night, when the man felt a drop hit his nose.

"I think it's raining", he said to his wife. "No, that felt more like snow to me", she replied. "No, I'm sure it was just rain, he said".

Well, as these things go, they were about to have a major argument about whether it was raining or snowing. Just then they saw a communist party official walking toward them.

"Let's not fight about it", the man said, "Let's ask Comrade Rudolph whether it's officially raining or snowing".

As the official approached, the man said, "Tell us, Comrade Rudolph, is it officially raining or snowing?"

"It's raining, of course", he replied, and walked on.

But the woman insisted: "I know that felt like snow!", to which the man quietly replied: "Rudolph the Red knows rain, dear"

How Do You Get Holy Water?
    You Boil The Hell Out Of It.

What Lies At The Bottom Of The Ocean And Twitches?
    A Nervous Wreck.

Double-check your URL,
    As we all have heard before.
    You ask for an invalid filename,
    And I respond, "404."

Perhaps you made a typo --
    Your fingers may be sore --
    But until you type it right,
    You'll only get 404.

Maybe you followed a bad link,
    Surfing a foreign shore;
    You'll just have to tell that author
    About this 404.

Remember Poe, insane with longing
    For his tragically lost Lenore.
    Instead, you quest for files.
    Quoth the Raven, "404!"

(Be glad I'm not an old mainframe
    That might just dump its core,
    Because then you'd get a ten-meg file
    Instead of this silly 404.)

A man went to the doctor suffering from severe headaches. After a thorough examination, the doctor turned to him and said: "Jerry, the good news is I can cure your headaches. The bad news is that it will require castration."

"You have a very rare condition, which causes your testicles to press on your spine, and the pressure creates these serious headaches you've been experiencing. So the only way to relieve the pressure is to remove the testicles."

Jerry was shocked and depressed. He wondered if he had anything to live for. He couldn't concentrate long enough to answer, but decided he had no choice but to go under the knife. When he eventually left the hospital Jerry was pleasantly surprised at how good it felt not to have a headache for the first time in 20 years, but he also knew that he was missing an important part of himself.

As he walked down the street, he realized that he felt like a different person. He could make a fresh start and live a new life. He saw a men's clothing store and thought to himself a new suit would be the perfect thing to mark this new beginning.

He entered the shop and told the salesman: "I'd like a new suit."

The elderly tailor eyed him briefly and said: "Let's see... size 44 long?"

"That's right, how did you know?" said Jerry, laughing.

"I've been in the business 60 years!" replied the tailor.

Jerry tried on the suit and it fitted like a glove. As Jerry admired himself in the mirror, the salesman asked: "How about a new shirt?"

Jerry thought for a moment and then agreed.

The salesman eyed Jerry again. "Let's see... 34 sleeve and 16-and-a-half neck?"

Once again, Jerry was surprised. "That's right, how did you know?"

"Like I said, I've been in the business 60 years!"

So Jerry tried on the shirt, and it was a perfect fit. As Jerry adjusted the collar in the mirror, the salesman asked: "How about new shoes?" Jerry was on a roll and so thought, why not? So the salesman eyed Jerry's feet and said: "Let's see... you must be a size nine-and-a-half?"

Jerry was astonished. "That's right, how did you know?"

"Well, young fella, I've been in the business long enough to know these things!"

Jerry tried on the shoes and they were also a remarkable fit. Jerry walked comfortably around the shop and the salesman asked: "So that only leaves the new underwear. How about it?" Jerry thought for a second and agreed.

The salesman stepped back, eyed Joe's waist and said: "Let's see... size 36."

Jerry laughed. "Ah ha! I got you! I've worn size 34 since I was 18 years old."

The salesman shook his head. "There's no way. I'm never wrong. You can't wear a size 34."

"Oh yes I can," replied Jerry "and have been most of my life."

"I don't understand," said the tailor. "By my reckoning a 34 underwear would press your testicles up against the base of your spine and give you one hell of a headache."

A man walked into a doctor's offce. He had a cucumber up his nose, a carrot in his left ear and a bannana in his right ear. "Doc, what's wrong with me?", he asked.
    "That's easy." said the doctor, "You're not eating properly."

A white guy is walking along a beach when he comes across a lamp partially buried in the sand. He picks up the lamp and gives it a rub. Two blonde genies appear and they tell him he has been granted three wishes. The guy makes his three wishes and the blonde genies disappear. The next thing the guy knows, he's in a bedroom, in a mansion surrounded by 50 beautiful women. He makes love to all of them and begins to explore the house. Suddenly he feels something soft under his feet, he look down and the floor is covered in $100.00 bills. Then, there is a knock at the door. He answers the door and standing there are two persons dressed in Ku Klux Klan outfits. They drag him outside to the nearest tree, throw a rope over a limb and hang him by the neck until he is dead. The Klansmen walk off. As they are walking away, they remove their hoods it's the two blonde genies. One blonde genie says to the other one "Hey, I can understand the first wish having all these beautiful women in a big mansion to make love to. I can also understand him wanting to be a millionaire, but to be hung like a black man is beyond me.

A woman was shopping at her local supermarket where she selected a quart of 2% milk, a carton of eggs, a quart of orange juice, a head of romaine lettuce, a 2 lb. can of coffee, and a 1 lb. package of bacon. As she was unloading her items on the conveyor belt to check out, a drunk standing behind her watched as she placed the items in front of the cashier. He said, "You must be single." The woman, a bit startled but intrigued by the derelict's intuition, looked at her six items on the belt. Seeing nothing particularly unusual about her selections she said, "Well,you know what, you're absolutely correct. But how on earth did you know that?" The drunk replied, "'Cause you're ugly."

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

And a classic

Once upon a midnight dreary, fingers cramped and vision bleary,
    System manuals piled high and wasted paper on the floor,
    Longing for the warmth of bed sheets,
    Still I sat there, doing spreadsheets:
    Having reached the bottom line, I took a floppy from the drawer.
    Typing with a steady hand, I then invoked the SAVE command
    But got instead a reprimand:
    It read, "Abort, Retry, Ignore."

Was this some occult illusion? Some maniacal intrusion?
    These were choices Solomon himself had never faced before.
    Carefully, I weighed my options.
    These three seemed to be the top ones.
    Clearly, I must now adopt one -
    Choose: "Abort, Retry, Ignore."

With my fingers pale and trembling, slowly toward the keyboard
    bending,
    Longing for a happy ending, hoping all would be restored,
    Praying for some guarantee
    Finally I pressed a key -
    But on the screen what did I see?
    Again: "Abort, Retry, Ignore."

I tried to catch the chips off-guard - I pressed again, but twice as
    hard.
    Luck was just not in the cards,
    I saw what I had seen before.
    Now I typed in desperation,
    Trying random combinations.
    Still there came the incantation -
    Choose: "Abort, Retry, Ignore."

There I sat, distraught, exhausted, by my own machine accosted;
    Getting up, I turned away and paced across the office floor.
    And then I saw an awful sight,
    A bold and blinding flash of light,
    A lightning bolt that cut the night and shook me to my very core.
    The PC screen collapsed and died,
    "Oh no - my database!" I cried.
    I thought I heard a voice reply,
    "You'll see your data - nevermore!"

To this day I do not know the place to which our data goes.
    Perhaps it goes to Heaven where the angels have it stored.
    But as for productivity -
    Well, I fear that it goes straight to Hell.
    And that's the tale I have to tell -
    Your choice: Abort, Retry, Ignore.

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Here's a good joke:

A kid walks arround shopping mall. All of a sudden he finds a wallet on the floor.

He seeks out the owner who happens to be an old lady and returns it to her.

The lady opens the wallet, inspects it and say: You know, it's funny, but when I lost my wallet I recall having one 100€ bill. Now that I got it back, there are ten 10€ bills in it.

And the kid says: You know tha last aunty, whoose wallet I found didn't have change for the reward.

Comment

A man walks into a bar with a slab of asphalt under his arm. He says to the bartender:

"gimme a beer, and one for the road."

har har
        Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Some really old jokes.

One day, two old men from a retirement home were sitting on the front porch retirement home. One man says to the other, "Ya know, Bill, if you think about it, we are not that old. I mean, my memory is still very good." As the man said this, he knocked on the wood chair beside him."Actually, sharp as ever."

After a couple minutes of silence, the first man started to talk again, "So, is anyone going to get the door or do I have to do it?"

Three old men were talking about the best thing that could happen to them at that time of life.

The 80 year old said : "The best thing that could happen to me is to be able to have a good pee. I just stand there and it dribbles and hurts, and I have to go over and over again."

The 85 year old said: "The best thing could happen to me is if I could have a good bowel movement. I take every kind of laxative I can get my hands on and it is still a problem."

The 90 year old man said: "That's not my problem, every morning at 6:00 am sharp I have a good long pee and at 6:30 sharp I have a great bowel movement. The best thing that could happen to me is if I could wake up before 7:00.

An elderly husband and wife noticed that they were beginning to forget many little things around the house. They were afraid that this could be dangerous, as one of them may accidentally forget to turn off the stove and thus cause a fire. So, they decided to go see their doctor to get some help.

Their physician told them that many people their age find it useful to write themselves little notes as reminders. The elderly couple thought this sounded wonderful, and left the doctor's office very pleased with the advice.

When they got home, the wife said, "Honey, will you please go to the kitchen and get me a dish of ice cream? And why don't you write that down so you won't forget?"

"Nonsense," said the husband, "I can remember a dish of ice cream!"

"Well," said the wife, "I'd also like some strawberries on it. You better write that down, because I know you'll forget."

"Don't be silly," replied the husband. "A dish of ice cream and some strawberries. I can remember that!"

"OK, dear, but I'd like you to put some whipped cream on top. Now you'd really better write it down now. You'll forget," said the wife.

"Come now, my memory's not all that bad," said the husband. "No problem, a dish of ice cream with strawberries and whipped cream."

With that, the husband shut the kitchen door behind him. The wife could hear him getting out pots and pans, and making some noise inconsistent with his preparing a dish of ice cream, strawberries, and whipped cream. He emerged from the kitchen about 15 minutes later.

Walking over to his wife, he presented her with a plate of bacon and eggs. The wife took one look at the plate, glanced up at her husband and said, "Hey, where's the toast?"
          Last edited by Brian R.; 10 June 2004, 18:37.

Comment

A list of phrases to use when you want to be left alone (on long flights, at parties, bus rides, at the polo grounds, etc).

1) Yeah, I really miss my wife (husband)... but at least I have her skin to remember her(him) by.

2) Have you ever tried cat meat?

3) I just got out of prison. I'll bet the kids at the playground really miss me.

4) Check out this infected canker sore in my mouth!

5) I don't know why I ate it - liver and onions always gives me gas.

6) I just had a proctological exam - wow, worth every penny!

7) The last time my head rang like this I woke up with a dead man next to me!

8) (man to woman [or man]) Hey, could I borrow a tampon?

9) I hate to tell you, but I puked on the last person who flew next to me.

10) My butt reeeally itches!

11) Would you look at the size of the hair I just yanked out of my nose!

12) My psychiatrist says that flying helps offset my desire to mutilate small, defenseless, woodland creatures.

13) Ahem! ... The last guy who ignored me is still on a respirator.

14) Would you hold this messy kleenex for me?

15) I stepped in dog shit AGAIN?!

16) I haven't changed my underwear in over two weeks! How about you?

17) My mother just told me we can't sleep together anymore.

18) Can you believe they only gave me three years for killing my own sister?!

19) Hey, does your urine ever turn blue?

20) I get a proctological exam once a week, whether I need it or not!

21) This cramped fuselage reminds me of solitary.

22) Oh damn, my diaper's wet again!

23) If I go unconscious just stick your finger down my throat - that'll wake me up.

24) Wanna buy a gerbel?

25) Ya know, since I moved to West Hollywood my gerbel business has really taken off.

26) Boy, that business at Waco was a mess - I got outa there right behind the Savior David!

27) Wow, they could charge for that cavity search they gave me at the border!

28) I've just been treated for tapeworms.

29) Don Knotts is my favorite actor!

30) I work for the city of San Gabriel and I drive a garbage truck.

31) The pilot and I were in the same drug rehab clinic - he was doing much better when I left a couple days ago.

32) Did I tell you Charles Manson's my uncle?

33) I collect aluminum foil.

34) I work in a landfill.

35) I remember, not too long ago, when a man could work hard clubbing baby seals all day long and then go home and have a tall, cold one with a clear conscience.

36) I have every album the Bee Gees ever recorded!

37) I work on a Japanese whaling ship.

38) Bill Clinton’s my idol.

Comment

ROFL
              "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

One afternoon a wealthy lawyer was riding in his limousine when he saw two men along the roadside eating grass. Disturbed, he ordered his driver to stop and he got out to investigate.

He asked one man, "Why are you eating grass?"

"We don't have any money for food," the poor man replied. "We have to eat grass."

"Well, then, you can come with me to my house and I'll feed you" the lawyer said.

"But sir. I have a wife and two children with me. They are over there, under that tree"

"Bring them along," the lawyer replied. Turning to the other poor man, he stated, "You come with us also."

The second man, in a pitiful voice then said, "But sir, I also have a wife and SIX children with me!"

"Bring them all, as well," the lawyer answered.

They all entered the car, which was no easy task, even for a car as large as the limousine was.

Once underway, one of the poor fellows turned to the lawyer and said, "Sir, you are too kind.
                Thank you for taking all of us with you."

The lawyer replied, "Glad to do it. You'll really love my place; the grass is
                almost a foot high!"
                Lawrence

Comment

Working...
                X