Best Buy is a cruel, cruel place...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chrono_Wanderer
    i actaully kinda need one. not for english, but for chinese.

I can't type chinese, that's the problem. i heard its a lot harder than typing in English/normal alphabets. i think those pads will help. (i feel ashamed when some of my friends icq/msn me in chinese, and i reply in english )
    Its similar to typing in Japanese, I'm not sure of the rules, but try Big5, simplified input.

After you know the basic rules, its fairly easy to work out - though it helps if you get your hands on a Chinese keyboard.
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

LOL! I still have no clue what it actually is
      Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
      [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

That's also assuming you can read or write Chinese in the first place.

J1NG

Comment

lol this is not right. i am like one of the geekest people in my school, yet i don't even know how to type in chinese.

maybe i really gotta look into that. lol

Comment

Cute device. Don't any PDAs have such pen capability (512 levels)?
            <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Originally posted by Chrono_Wanderer
              i actaully kinda need one. not for english, but for chinese.

I can't type chinese, that's the problem. i heard its a lot harder than typing in English/normal alphabets. i think those pads will help. (i feel ashamed when some of my friends icq/msn me in chinese, and i reply in english )
              I don't see how a tablet will help with that, unless there's really good Chinese handwriting recognition software around.

FWIW, I've looked into what it takes to type Japanese, and it doesn't seem hard at all - just a bit tedious. I'm a loooong way from being able to make use of that though....

Edit: D'oh! Didn't see there was a second page...
              Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

Originally posted by Umfriend
                LOL! I still have no clue what it actually is
                Here's a review of an older model of the unidentified object for ya.

Comment

Working...
                X