The day after tommorow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The day after tommorow

Anyone else see it? I do have to say it was prob one of the most retarted movies I've ever seen. Only thing good in it was the special effects.
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

I saw most of this on an airplane. It's almost bad enough to buy the DVD and have a dumb movie party.

I loved the errors in scale (statue of liberty totally under water, which then becomes a 30-foot high slow moving wave going down the street, etc.)

- Steve

Comment

The one thing I picked up on was the people using their cell phones in the libary after the wave went though Manhatten and their was no power

Comment

Originally posted by GT98
        The one thing I picked up on was the people using their cell phones in the libary after the wave went though Manhatten and their was no power
        Hahaha, now that's bad.

Thanks GT98, you saved me time and money!
        Titanium is the new bling!
        (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Yeah, special effects were awesome, movie was severly retarded.
          Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by GT98
            Haven't seen the movie, but the answer to that inquiery depends on how long after the wave hit. Do you honestly think cell service would immeidately go out with the power? They have battery backups, power generators and all sorts of stuff backing up the power for cell towers, central offices and all switcing locations. Trust me, I work for a telco. It would take weeks, if not months, before cell service would be lost.

Jammrock
            “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
            –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Have you ever tried to use call phones during or after a power outage? I got the opportunity during last years huge US power outage. They'd have been lucky to reach someone on the other side of the room

Dr. Mordrid
              Dr. Mordrid
              ----------------------------
              An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock
                Haven't seen the movie, but the answer to that inquiery depends on how long after the wave hit. Do you honestly think cell service would immeidately go out with the power? They have battery backups, power generators and all sorts of stuff backing up the power for cell towers, central offices and all switcing locations. Trust me, I work for a telco. It would take weeks, if not months, before cell service would be lost.

Jammrock
                Well if they had 20 feet of water over them, I would expect them to go down instantiaously. Last time I checked batteries and seawater when't a good combo

BTW whats the avg range for a Cell Tower anyway?

Comment

Glad to see I'm not the only one that was rolling my eyes during the movie. Alot of things made no sense.

@GT98, I'm no expert on cell tower range, but I'm sure it varies depending on how high up it is. I would wager ~ 2-5 miles coverage diameter per tower. Even that might be a bit on the high side.
                  Go Bunny GO!

Titan:
                  MSI NEO2-FISR | Intel P4-3.0C | 1024MB Corsair TWINX1024 3200LLPT RAM | ATI AIW 9700 Pro | Dell P780 @ 1024x768x32 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | Sony DRU-500A DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW | WDC 100GB [C:] | WDC 100GB [D:] | Logitech MX-700

Mini:
                  Shuttle SB51G XPC | Intel P4 2.4Ghz | Matrox G400MAX | 512 MB Crucial DDR333 RAM | CD-RW/DVD-ROM | Seagate 80GB [C:] | Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Server:
                  Abit BE6-II | Intel PIII 450Mhz | Matrox Millennium II PCI | 256 MB Crucial PC133 RAM | WDC 6GB [C:] | WDC 200GB [E:] | WDC 160GB [F:] | WDC 250GB [G:]

Comment

Hey, any movie that gets on the Bad movie physics site has gotta be good!

Comment

Working...
                    X