Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spammer gets 9 years....

I'm so FREAKIN' happy

Get the latest local Detroit and Michigan breaking news and analysis , sports and scores, photos, video and more from The Detroit News.

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Yeah and the drunk who killed the 18yo girl got less. I laugh that they call it Justice.

Comment

Saw that on far this morning, I loved the by-line
      Email spammers found guilty. Sentenced to serve nine long years in a federal pound-me-in-the-ass prison. Time to tell your cellmates not to buy penis-enlargement pills
      Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

As most of you know, I'm against capital punishment, but I would allow a long, slow crucifixion for spammers, hackers and crackers.
        Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

and especially virus makers
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

don't forget spammers exist because people are stupid enough to buy the stuff they advertise.

It's good that they (the spammers) get locked up though.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis
              As most of you know, I'm against capital punishment, but I would allow a long, slow crucifixion for spammers, hackers and crackers.
              I don't entirely agree: I have no problems with a hacker trying to get access and notifying the sysadmin about his success. As long as the 'normal operation' isn't disturbed (ie no webgrafitti, no DOS attacks, ...) and no information is stolen or lost.

But for all other cases: I tend to agree...

Jörg
              pixar
              Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

ah Jörg, so you don't mind people who enter your house to tell you your front door isn't locked either?

what I mean is, I don't mind if they expose exploits in security of websites / networks, as long as they don't 'compromise' the security more than needed.
                Last edited by dZeus; 5 November 2004, 14:07.

Comment

Anyone enters my house in the middle of ther night and they'll soon find out what capital punishment is all about

Dr. Mordrid
                  Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Originally posted by VJ
                    I don't entirely agree: I have no problems with a hacker trying to get access and notifying the sysadmin about his success. As long as the 'normal operation' isn't disturbed (ie no webgrafitti, no DOS attacks, ...) and no information is stolen or lost.

But for all other cases: I tend to agree...

Jörg
                    I object to the privacy of my data files being violated or any attempt to do so. Would you let just anyone read everything on your computer, such as personal accounts etc.?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
                      Anyone enters my house in the middle of ther night and they'll soon find out what capital punishment is all about

Dr. Mordrid
                      In this country the expression going down going down springs to mind. You'd also get sued by the burglar as well.
                      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Nope. Not around here. Someone breaks in with ill intent and you nail 'em it's their problem. The cops damned near give you a medal and civil jury's kick those cases out in a heartbeat, realizing that it could just as easily have been their family at risk.

Example story along these lines;

Recently, Orlando, Florida saw an increase in the number of rapes over a twelve - month period from 12.8 per 100,000 to 35.9 per 100,000. Women in Orlando were afraid to go out alone, even in the daytime. Citizens of Orlando demanded that something be done.

Something was done. The Orlando Police Department set up a program to train women to use handguns. Over three thousand women armed themselves and took training courses. As a result, Orlando's rape figure dropped to 4.1 per 100,000 - a 90 percent drop from the previous high.

Similar programs in Detroit and Highland Park, Michigan, and Montgomery, Alabama saw impressive reductions in crimes against women, including both rape and robbery.

One woman victim decided on her own that she had enough. A fifty - one year old woman of Los Angeles, California, twice raped by the same man, purchased a handgun and took lesions to learn how to use it. When the man return a third time she shot and killed him.
                        As you can see the attitude over here is a tad different than in Europe.

Dr. Mordrid
                        Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 6 November 2004, 07:03.
                        Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid

As you can see the attitude over here is a tad different than in Europe.
                          Thank God that we are more civilised!

Comment

Yeah, right. Just remember that when you have legalistas doing stuff like this;

it proves dramatically that cops and courts can't provide realtime protection and you're on your own in that regard. You may not think that's a big deal, but we do.

We have a saying over here that sums it up:

"It's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

'nuff said.

Dr. Mordrid
                            Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 6 November 2004, 08:13.
                            Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis
                              Thank God that we are more civilised!
                              You approve of rape then?????

Sadly your softly softly approach has created a group of young people who feel that they're untouchable and for the most part they are. If they do go to courts the most they'll get is anti social order which is ignored in 33% of cases.

I saw three yobettes who were thrown out of the shop by the owner for stealing. The owner informed the yobettes if they didn't leave he'd call the police. Did this deter the yobettes nope. A constant string of abuse and threats came from the slappers mouths. Completly unafraid safe in the knowledge that the Shop Keeper couldn't do anything. Safe in the knowledge that if the Keeper went back in side they'd could chuck a brick through the window or go back in. Unafraid of the police even if they turn up the courts won't do much.
                              The shop keeper. He knows he's going to get a lot of vandlism and racial abuse from friends of these yobettes.

The only consolution I know is by the time these yobettes are twenty the fannys will be full of every disease going. They'll probably have several kids and are on drugs and look at least 50. Of course it will be systems fault.
                              Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                              X