No announcement yet.

Numanuma.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I heard this for the first time I’ve been confused.
    In Romanian “Dragostea din tei” = “Love from the linden (lime-tree)” which is confusing. The “ ï “ in the “Teï” doesn’t exist in Romanian language.
    I tried to translate it as “Dragostea d’intii” = “The first love”, more logical.
    What is logical in this case?

Fred
    It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
    ------------------------------------------------

Comment

Don't know what's logical but it's about the tree

Comment

Wasn't there a Rammstein song that could be translated either "You have me" or "You hate me"?

Comment

Thanks Admiral.
          You are the first who, resolute, answered to my question I asked a lot of friends of mine over there in your country, without any of theirs clear explanation.
          I also noticed the short clip with the painter doing the “Alea Teilor” in that dumb flash video.
          Now, I don't have to be excited anymore for it.
          On the other site, I can confirm that smell of the " floarea de tei", the flower of the linde, is the scent no. 1 of my favourites.
          However I am too old to expect that some old hag falling from the tei bringing the really love
          Fred
          Last edited by Fred H; 5 February 2005, 16:46.
          It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
          ------------------------------------------------

Comment

KvH: Du hast. The text goes "Du hast... du hast... du hast mich... du hast mich gefragt, und ich hab' nichts gesagt", which translates to "you have... you have... you have [...] me... you have asked me, and I didn't answer". It's a play of words, because "du hasst mich" (note the double s) means "you hate me". "du hasst mich gefragt" makes no sense, of course, it would translate to "you hate me asked".

The english lyrics for the song go "you hate..." btw, IIRC, which totally kills the play of words.

AZ
            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Working...
            X