Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sasq
    Paypal will now accept CC without joining btw.
    my cc able paypal account is dan @ sasqs dot com
    How does this work (I've had problems in joining with Paypal before) ?

I personally, would vote against ads, but if that is what it takes to keep MURC, please do all that is necessary.

But I agree with az on the number of clicks. MURC is a relatively closed community (not that many newcomers), so there is a chance the ads won't get that many clicks.
    ( unless we all make a habit of clicking them every now and then)

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Originally posted by az
      I have little enough horizontal screenspace as it is.
      I thought all murcers were on at least 3*1280*1024?
      FT.

Comment

Actually we get a fair level of lurkers, or people googling in for various reasons. They would probably be the prime target.
        Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

How much bandwidth are we using Sasq?

Comment

right now, not a great deal. 10GB a month or so.
            Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

I note a nuber of ppl complaining about not being able to paypal for whatever reasons.

!UMF IS YOUR SAVIOUR IS UMF!

PM me, I'll give you my snail-mail addy, whatever comes in by envelope, I'll send through Paypal.

edit: Euros and Sterling accepted.
              Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
              [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

I've got an idea:

First 100 posts/ year free
                Second 100 @ 0.01 each
                Third 100 @ 0.02 each
                Fourth 100 @ 0.04 each
                Fifth 100 @ 0.08 each
                etc...

That way, Zokes can cover the costs

Seriously, if SASQ or someone intermediate can send me their IBAN and BIC numbers, I can transfer cash in whatever currency. I could reluctantly send a cheque only in Cyprus Pounds. I can pay by credit card but not via PayPal (the first 4 digits of the Visa/MC # contains country and issuing bank codes and they baulk at mine).
                Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

That way, Zokes can cover the costs
                  I like that! LOL
                  Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Brian, I am not offering my soul for this, but if you PM me, I'd be happy to send you my IBAN and I'll paypal it on to Sasq. Of course, it'd save expenses I guess if Sasq would give you his IBAN/BIC but if paypal is his thing, I'd be willing to channel.
                    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Originally posted by Umfriend
                      How much did we raise then? I thought we had about 40 keyfobs.
                      well,

when I originally posted pics everyone and their brother wanted one, so I made about 40.
                      I think in the end there where only about 20 folks that actually stepped up to the plate and donated.
                      total donattions where somewhere in the 500 range, but paypal wanted 2.5%, the foreign cheques where 5 bucks a piece and shipping costs came in about 60 bucks or so. Bottom line - total was just under 400 US.
                      I had 15 or so left, so I offered them up to the mods for free just to get them used up. Some of them donated regardless

I still have five left If anyone else wants one, just donate directly to Sasq and let him know you want one. First five requests from Sasq gets them. I will cover the shipping . Two are the first off's and are not exactly like the rest - these will go last

I've picked up some more material and when I've got time I will pop off some other items (yet to be determined) for the next round.
                      Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Originally posted by Umfriend
                        Brian, I am not offering my soul for this, but if you PM me, I'd be happy to send you my IBAN and I'll paypal it on to Sasq. Of course, it'd save expenses I guess if Sasq would give you his IBAN/BIC but if paypal is his thing, I'd be willing to channel.
                        Sasq: how does this sound? You would get the money with almost zero deduction in the currency you can specify (no exchange rate losses, no cheque charges, no delay, no greedy PayPal and I can do it all without leaving the seat I'm sitting on). If you don't know your IBAN and BIC codes, your bank will tell you.
                        Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Postal order made out to yen is actually easier.
                          Banks are a little weird in the country, charge arm, leg and part of your small intestine for OS cash transfers, internal transfers between japanese banks only amount to a few cents.

I still use my Australian accounts, but I'll have to dig up numbers for that. watch your email over the next few days.

oh and..
                          Thankyou
                          Juu nin to iro

Comment

Sasq,

When you find your Oz acct details, pm or email them my way and i'll deposit a little suprise there for you. I'm not a huge fan of PayPal either.

After all, MURC is one of the few websites that i actually visit everyday (and have done almost without fail since first registering all those years ago)...

Phill...
                            ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Motherboard, Intel Core i7 2600K CPU @ 4.3GHz, G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB DDR3 Ram, Pioneer DVR-219L DVDRW, OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD, Western Digital Black 1TB SATA HDD, Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB, Everything being driven by Windows 10 Professional (64Bit)...

Bored Yet?

Comment

OK, going to give the ads a go.

Here is the deal, only click the ad if it interests you. I need to see a realistic repoting and click level.

Also, for those of you that despise them, go to your user cp and change your default style to the no ads one.

And lo there will be no ads displayed.

If your not logged in, tough I will tweak placement etc in a bit.
                              Juu nin to iro

Comment

Edit: scratch that, I judged too soon.
                                Last edited by Fat Tone; 23 February 2005, 02:46.
                                FT.

Comment

Working...
                                X