No announcement yet.

Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You do call the ad directly from the browser.
    So it knows your IP address.
    When going to a thread the googlebot hasn't searched yet, you will probably see a community service anouncement (remember new url, so goggle is still catching up)
    The ad will target whatever common references the google bot finds on the page, so if its a page about motherboards, it will target motherboards etc. And target ads to your region, no point in the rest of us getting newegg ads etc.
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Fair nuff!

And no, they aren't intrusive so far
      FT.

Comment

Their blue doesn't quite match MURC!
        DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

The Ads don't seem too intrusive at this point. Only one problem for me though, The IP address that i have was originally in an allocation for India that was subsequently changed to Australia. Google hasn't realised this yet so it thinks i come from India...
          ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Motherboard, Intel Core i7 2600K CPU @ 4.3GHz, G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB DDR3 Ram, Pioneer DVR-219L DVDRW, OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD, Western Digital Black 1TB SATA HDD, Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB, Everything being driven by Windows 10 Professional (64Bit)...

Bored Yet?

Comment

Well it's worked out that I am in the UK even though when surfing at work we look like we are in the Netherlands... so clearly its location-detection is more sophisticated than many websites. In fact, even google thought that I was in NL for a long time (maybe it's using a location cookie from there in fact?)

Comment

it possibly is, my ads are in English
              Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

ok need to know, how many of you are actually getting relevent ads on forum home and forum view pages.

I know the thread view is showing relevent ads, just with my location, not so sure of the top two.

Cheers Dan
                Juu nin to iro

Comment

Nothing on Home Page, Yes to Forum list page, Yes to Lounge and DTV forums.
                  Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

How are they on your dial up connection Brian?
                    Juu nin to iro

Comment

LOL the Temp Forum is getting ads for Unix/Linux and System administration. I guess that despite the ranting and raving Google knows that we all just geeks at heart

Comment

lol. temp forum is blocked unless you are logged in. so it is only guessing.
                        Juu nin to iro

Comment

It takes about 1 second extra to get them on most occasions, but it depends also on the speed the local DNS looks up the Google hyperlink, which sometimes takes an extra second or more.

It is acceptable (just )!
                          Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Well one of the ads for this thread is "Remove Captured TV Ads" so it seems to be working. Forum view is showing relevant ads as well.

Comment

Well you know about what I was getting previously. Ads seem to be becoming more targeted, or should I say targeted correctly, as time progresses.

Still no relevant ads in the sake thread though
                              “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Ummm, relevant ads?
                                Attached Files
                                Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
                                X