No announcement yet.

Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yeah, its a code error, to be honest, I am not so fussed about if paypal loads or not, I need a non google source to know when were are getting non google ads.

It's all part of the tweak process for getting the pages to play nice and get targeted ads, as opposed to ads that are chalk and cheese
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

• Just thought I put in my two cents... I'm all for the google text ads. As long as nothing pops up, pops under, or blinks at me, it's all good. Are you seeing many clicks so far?
      Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

• Alright, what toddler did you use for that smile pic? Is that you as a kid? I must admit it's a bit disconcerting to see that evil grin down there.. kinda almost says "or else" without saying it..

Comment

• Originally posted by Sasq
          yeah, its a code error, to be honest, I am not so fussed about if paypal loads or not, I need a non google source to know when were are getting non google ads.

It's all part of the tweak process for getting the pages to play nice and get targeted ads, as opposed to ads that are chalk and cheese
          It's not a bug, it's a feature!
          You just haven't added the scroll bars yet.
          Yeh, that's the ticket.
          chuck
          Chuck
          秋音的爸爸

Comment

• @Chuck LOL
            FT.

Comment

• Originally posted by KvHagedorn
              Alright, what toddler did you use for that smile pic? Is that you as a kid? I must admit it's a bit disconcerting to see that evil grin down there.. kinda almost says "or else" without saying it..
              He's not quite a toddler
              “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

• It's you, Jesterzwild ?

Jörg
                pixar
                Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

• Nope. But that's just one of his many camera smiles

Comment

• I still dislike the placement of the add below. Have you tried how succesfull it'd be when place below the < Contact Us - MURC > section?
                    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

• Originally posted by Umfriend
                      I still dislike the placement of the add below. Have you tried how succesfull it'd be when place below the < Contact Us - MURC > section?
                      I doubt it would be sucessfull: nobody scrolls down that far (I didn't even know it said 'Contact Us' at the bottom ).

Jörg
                      pixar
                      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

• No body would see it below the contact us section.

two locations that work right now are where it is, or between the reply box submit buttons and the email this page buttons.

Below that the html templates get hell ugly, waiting on vb3
                        Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

• No body would see it below the contact us section.
                          No kiddin

Can it be smaller at least so that the nav bar is below the thread and next to (to the left of) the add, not under it?
                          Last edited by Umfriend; 1 March 2005, 03:30.
                          Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                          [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

• I would rather see the ads below the

Pages (12): « First ... « 10 11 [12]

line and above the Quick Reply box. So I can go to the next page faster, instead of scrolling past the ad.
                            Go Bunny GO!

Titan:
                            MSI NEO2-FISR | Intel P4-3.0C | 1024MB Corsair TWINX1024 3200LLPT RAM | ATI AIW 9700 Pro | Dell P780 @ 1024x768x32 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | Sony DRU-500A DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW | WDC 100GB [C:] | WDC 100GB [D:] | Logitech MX-700

Mini:
                            Shuttle SB51G XPC | Intel P4 2.4Ghz | Matrox G400MAX | 512 MB Crucial DDR333 RAM | CD-RW/DVD-ROM | Seagate 80GB [C:] | Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Server:
                            Abit BE6-II | Intel PIII 450Mhz | Matrox Millennium II PCI | 256 MB Crucial PC133 RAM | WDC 6GB [C:] | WDC 200GB [E:] | WDC 160GB [F:] | WDC 250GB [G:]

Comment

• I think once vb3 is released and there is more (read: easier) control over the outputed html, and "someone" creates a new layout/design, the placement of the ads will better fit into said layout.

Smaller might be something to look at. I do see a lot of very similar ads on the bottom (three for "Corsair Xms"). I think Dan was worried about the nav menu breaking across lines as it did on the top of the page with the 2 item ad.

Placing the ad below the nav menu might work though, as mmp121 suggested above.
                              Last edited by Jessterw; 1 March 2005, 10:06.

Comment

• I voted as long as they are not obstructive. I ABSOLUTELY HATE POP UPS AND POP UNDERS, or anything like that such as Shockwave Flash adverts. I also hate fake competitions such as "you have won a prize!" One day, a standard banner advert or a sponsored link might attract your attention and therefore you click it! By doing so, the advertiser is making money.
                                JackElectronics

My Matrox SCART Users Support Page:
                                http://www.jackelectronics.f2s.com/c...rox/index.html

Comment

Working...
                                X