AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Safari is first browser to pass the Acid2 test

“And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Originally posted by Jesterzwild
        But can you surf everywhere with it?
        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Congratulations! Truly impressive coding and marketing in one

AZ
          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Well it'd be hard to say if you can, given that it's still being tested internally to make sure that the changes don't break anything. Then again, if it does break anything there's a good chance that the page it breaks on is actually broken. That's what quirks mode is for anyhow, so that we can move forward without worrying about shoddy coding practices and web designers who really don't know what they're doing.

Comment

Well given that the marketing would only be directed at Mac users who are likely already using Safari... I highly doubt it has been for that aim, especially given that Dave has always been rather open with changes and such to Safari (as in, this is nothing new).

Now Opera, there's some clever marketing

Comment

sorry....what is this acid test? what does it test? Is it important?
                (err try not to use too much technical language )

Comment

It's a set of HTML and CSS markup used to test handling of said markup in modern browsers. Some of the test markup is correct, some is incorrect - this is done to check the error handling of said browsers.

Currently no consumer available browser passes the test.

Comment

I was all confused. I thought it was the The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test.
                    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

You'd be hard pressed to lick it (except if you have a Mac...).

[joke's getting old... ]

Comment

and whats the use of that?

Comment

Originally posted by GuchiGuh
                          and whats the use of that?
                          You'll be trippin' ... but you shouldn't go anywhere without your luggage.

Comment

Here's another opinion on Acid2:
                            For those interested in the Acid2 patches I can say that I have merged three of them now and just need to fix a few new regressions. For small simple patches like these it takes 1 or 2 hours to merge them. It is still somewhat easier than to redevelop which would take at least a few hours more. Don’t expect all of the patches. First of all the Acid2 test is complete crap. It doesn’t really test any important features and the only thing it caught we couldn’t do was min/max on positioned elements, the rest of the test are just obscure corner cases of error fall-back.

As per eyecandy: I have now installed SuSE ony my box as a boot option, here's my pretty much stock KDE desktop (only changed the wallpaper):

In the second pic you can see pretty mouseover on icon with jumpy icon next to where cursor should have been (Icons jump when you wait for app to launch next to cursor).
                            Attached Files

Comment

That opinion is utter bs and shows a complete lack of understanding of what is being tested. True, some of it is just better error/incorrect markup handling, but to say the whole test is complete crap is ignorant. The problem is that the KHTML developers have been having a fit due to the way Apple feeds changes back to them; they actually have to do some leg work.

Comment

Konqueror now passes the Acid2 test:

Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
                                Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
                                Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Working...
                                X