Ideas for reducing power consumption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KRSESQ
    Come on, 'fess up. How many of you or the folks you know leave your computer running 24 hrs a day?
    Yes, I run Climate Prediction so we can assess the environmental effect of all these computers running 24/7

Actually I only have 1 pc running CPDN 24/7 and thats my works 2ghz P4. The only PC at home that runs 24/7/365 is my gateway/router PC , but that is a Shuttle with a lowpower Duron 1800 and only runs 100% during 8am-6pm when the security webcam is active.
    Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Prius Stalling Problem

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has not launched a formal investigation yet, but it is compiling complaints from Toyota Prius owners that the cars can stall or shut down while on the road. The agency has logged 13 reports in which 2004 Priuses have shut down at highway or slower driving speeds; a TCC staffer's personal car experienced the problem late last year. Toyota tells the Wall Street Journal that the issue affects 2004 and some 2005 models, and can be fixed by a computer-control update. The company says it notified owners of this update in a service bulletin to owners of 23,900 Priuses. No injuries or deaths have been linked to the problem.

Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

meh. The Mini-Coopers had a huge stalling problem for a while. Turned out they couldn't handle low-octane blends.
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

regarding topic, check todays dilbert

Comment

Chuck
            秋音的爸爸

Comment

Working...
            X