No announcement yet.

Another Cat5 Monster Hurricane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, got down there and got my aunt out. Got her boarded up and most of her stuff semi-secured, and managed to escape the traffic. Left here at 8am got there at 11:30, and on the way passed miles and miles of Houstonians going the opposite way.. well, going is figurative, since they were actually standing dead still and milling about outside their cars. They were pointed the opposite way.

Well.. anyhow, we (my cousin and I) got to her house (80mi south of Houston), boarded up her windows, had lunch, each got a nap and a shower, left there at 6pm, and on the way back, my cousin heard from someone that had started out from Houston at 8am today and so far had only gotten as far as Conroe. That's 80 miles in 12 hours. Good thing we had the sense to stay away from roads leading from Houston. Made an end-run to the south and west and crossed Interstate 10 about 200mi west of Houston and headed north. Aside from about 3 miles on the south side of I-10, we were able to travel the speed limit the whole way.

Now back home with my aunt.. while all of Houston just sits parked on the major arteries going to Dallas, Austin, or San Antonio.

Comment

Gas prices were supposed to skyrocket over here but it's still at 1.06$ L
      Titanium is the new bling!
      (you heard from me first!)

Comment

I keep HEARING about gas gounging yesterday and today, but Stop & Shop just sold me premium (93) for $2.89 with my card.
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        If only life were as easy as you
        I would still get screwed

Comment

gas prices only moved within $0.01/ liter here since yesterday
          We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

There's a gas station in Quebec city that accidentally raised it's prices to 1.67$ and cause of that all the other pumps followed suit and when word got to Montreal, everyone piled the gas stations to tank up.

Hehe, one gas station makes a mistake and everyone jumps on the bandwagon.
            Titanium is the new bling!
            (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Working...
            X