No announcement yet.

Psycho Mom !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would think most christians (and other religions) are born into there religions, very few change.
    I think gurms generalisation about extemist could be taken as offensive, even though it was in jest. Put into context with the generalisations that crop here about the "other" religion I would think this one is quite mild.

Comment

Difference: radical Islamists have proven worthy of distain by murdering people. What did that old lady do other than being fat, ignorant and being made a spectacle of by some TV producer?

Gurms problem is that of many religions converts: they disdane their former faith to the point of overkill not thinking that what drove them away may have been a local and not a general phenomenon...though in their blinders-on thinking it is.

Dr. Mordrid
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Sorry to say Doc, that's exactly what she did. I find it hard to feel sorry for someone who knew full well what they were getting into. Nevermind that Christians have done their fair share of distasteful acts that earned them some disdain in various regions and cultures. That's the problem with religion, every nutter about takes it and uses it to justify their own little crusades. Not saying either or is a justification, but rather that it's akin to the pot calling the kettle black on a global, historical scale.

But I digress, Gurm just likes to take to the easy target
        “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Theological masochism?

Dr. Mordrid
          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

In regards to Gurm? Honestly couldn't say. There's definitely a distaste for Christianity there, but I'm not sure it was his first religion (been awhile since we've spoken about this) or one that held a belief in for very long.

The term does apply to my relationship with Christianity, though it's related more to the people who claim to be rather than the religion itself. Even then it's not so much theological masochism as it is a general distaste for anyone subverting a belief system for their own purposes.

Comment

Then be mad at people like Pat Robertson et. al. and not mainstream Christians. Every group has their "bad apples", but the kind of antipathy going on now against Christians by some is getting to the point of being rediculous.

Dr. Mordrid
              Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not mad at mainstream Christians per se, except in the general ignorance that abounds concerning the history of the religion. I do agree that there are specific people that have influenced the course of the religion in this country and others that should bear the brunt of the blame.

Comment

Mainstream Christians are fine by themselves. It's when you get them together into a church that they start to exhibit behaviors which I find unacceptable. It's early, and I could go on about this for hours - maybe in the temp forum - to explain my exact position. I'll even offer to NOT be sarcastic but really actually be serious for a change and explain what my problems are with it.

But make no mistake - with the exception of the odd caricature (like the lady in this video) I have no problem with individual Christians. Good people, them. Much like I have no problem with individual Catholics or individual Muslims.
                  The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                  If only life were as easy as you
                  I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                  I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Jesterzwild
                    Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not mad at mainstream Christians per se, except in the general ignorance that abounds concerning the history of the religion. I do agree that there are specific people that have influenced the course of the religion in this country and others that should bear the brunt of the blame.
                    Note my highlight in this quote. One of the problems with both Christianity and Islam is that it fosters ignorance of one kind or another. Again, I can digress and perhaps will at another time.
                    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                    I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
                    X