Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neutral Good Elf Ranger Bard
    Follower Of Mielikki

oddly not surprising. I tended to play half-elf rangers on a number of occasions and neutral good was my preferred alignment.
    Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

Lawful Good Gnome Ranger Fighter
      Follower Of Baervan Wildwanderer

Alignment:
      Lawful Good characters are the epitome of all that is just and good. They believe in order and governments that work for the benefit of all, and generally do not mind doing direct work to further their beliefs.

Race:
      Gnomes are also short, like dwarves, but much skinnier. They have no beards, and are very inclined towards technology, although they have been known to dabble in magic, too. They tend to be fun-loving and fond of jokes and humor. Some gnomes live underground, and some live in cities and villages. They are very tolerant of other races, and are generally well-liked, though occasionally considered frivolous.

Primary Class:
      Rangers are the defenders of nature and the elements. They are in tune with the Earth, and work to keep it safe and healthy.

Secondary Class:
      Fighters are the warriors. They use weapons to accomplish their goals. This isn't to say that they aren't intelligent, but that they do, in fact, believe that violence is frequently the answer.

Deity:
      Baervan Wildwanderer is the Neutral Good gnomish god of forests, travel, and nature. He is also known as the Masked Leaf. His avatar is always accompanied by an intelligent, giant raccoon, named Chiktikka Fastpaws. His followers, like him, enjoy the outdoors and work to protect it and guard those who also enjoy it. Their preferred weapon is the halfspear.
      Well, apart from the bit about "believe in governments that work for the benefit of all..." it's reasonably accurate.
      Funny thing, I must be one of the only RPGers to have never played D&D except for the red-box basic set example adventure.
      Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Originally posted by az
        "von dem", which is usually contracted to "vom" [pronounced fomm], yes. This is still not really correct, because Schwarzwald means black forest, and if you come from a forest, in german you come out of it, so it would be "aus dem Schwarzwald", which wouldn't make sense as a name. Schwarzwald is no region I'd use for a "noble" name (all the names with "von" in them are noble names). "Aus dem Schwarzwald" would really sound like a guy that lived in the woods.

So Schwarzwald was just a poor choice

And Zorn is not a proper name, of course, but you knew that.
        Yes, but it means "anger," and is a surname. And he's a druid so he lives in the forest.. so, well, to him, that's a noble thing. Besides, he was supposed to be the embodiment of the forest's anger at the encroachment of civilization and industry, so, well, "Anger of the Black Forest" has a double meaning..

And I guess I was just so used to hearing the Dutch "van de.." that it just sounded ok.
        Last edited by KvHagedorn; 7 March 2006, 15:20.

Comment

It means anger and your reasoning is sound (and there are even some german names like "Walter von der Vogelweide"), it still sounds stupid

Maybe I'm just not a roleplayer
          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Originally posted by az
            Half the fun of roleplaying IS the stupid names.

"Your level 42 mage, Randal the Impaler of Female Orcs, steps into the cave..."

"Are there any female orcs in the cave?"

Jammrock
            “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
            –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by az
              It means anger and your reasoning is sound (and there are even some german names like "Walter von der Vogelweide"), it still sounds stupid

THAT'S where I remember it.. the poet of Parzival.

Poetic license, maybe?

Comment

Lawful Good Gnome Bard Mage....

Fear me - or not!!

~~DUkeP~~

Comment

Working...
                X