No announcement yet.

Geeks beware!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, that does not make sense: If D-Link does what it should do, the need for him to change anything becomes smaller and at some stage non-existent. If he changes it before, D-Link will not change its behaviour. You can't make D-Link do anything and have an easy life. D-Link is vandalising and if law does not work then public action is the way to go. I commend the guy for doing what he does.
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

My opinion always was that D-Link stuff was crap. Now I see more evidance as to their poor design controls.

Comment

Originally posted by Umfriend
        Sorry, that does not make sense: If D-Link does what it should do, the need for him to change anything becomes smaller and at some stage non-existent. If he changes it before, D-Link will not change its behaviour. You can't make D-Link do anything and have an easy life. D-Link is vandalising and if law does not work then public action is the way to go. I commend the guy for doing what he does.
        And what's to stop D-Link from just using his new time server domain name?
        P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Originally posted by schmosef
          And what's to stop D-Link from just using his new time server domain name?
          was that not one of my points?
          Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
          [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Originally posted by Umfriend
            was that not one of my points?
            maybe it was implicit. relax, i'm agreeing with you. yeah, i know, it's pretty rare.

next time i'll put a in. i bet you'll still crab about it though...

Comment

Originally posted by schmosef
              maybe it was implicit. relax, i'm agreeing with you. yeah, i know, it's pretty rare.

next time i'll put a in. i bet you'll still crab about it though...
              I am not feeling challenged or provoked in any way now

Comment

sue me... or better yet... write an open letter about it

Comment

Aparantly, they came to an agreement: http://people.freebsd.org/~phk/dlink/

Personally, given they took the story offline, I believe dlink had the guy shot, had a cracker gain acces to the website and put this on. There is a chance I am wrong aboput this though.

Comment

Working...
                  X