No announcement yet.

Honour killing???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I asked because I honestly thought I was missing some part of the joke. Not because I was acting as a PC marshal. I recently didn't get a joke by Fat Tone (until Keifront explained it) and I was paranoid that I was losing my sense of humour.

Then Admiral suggested a theory and I thought, "that can't be right..." and posted a response to Admiral.

Then I saw the article about the recent honour killing and posted it to show why I thought his theory was wrong.

Then Brian decides that it's easier to insinuate that I'm an Islamophobe than answer my question.

I defend myself, and I'm the bad guy? Maybe you're an antisemite! <-ok, you know I'm kidding here, but I'm just trying to make a point. If I was serious in my accusation (as Brian was against me) and you chose to defend yourself, would it be fair for someone else to call you out for being too PC?
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

This thread sums up a lot of murc.

For a start, I myself really had to wonder why Brian chose that title. I could see the link so didn't bother to post, but I wouldn't have chosen it myself. There have been a couple of real 'honour killings' in the UK recently.

I think Schmosef and Brian should walk away from these things before they start, its getting old.

ND66's experience on his other forum is already happenning here. Any regular can see that.

Schmo, I'm afraid you don't have the best sense of humour. Nothing against you at all (I like you, even) but you have a tendency to interpret things very literally and thus often either miss the point of a joke or take something personally. You are a nice guy, let's all relax.
      FT.

Comment

I’m not saying it’s a perfect title for the joke. But here is how I do see it:

1)MURCers are spread all over the world
        2)English is the second language for more then half of the community here
        3)Many words or meanings will get lost when writer translate to English and when the reader translate to his native language
        4)Most of the meaning of the sentence is gone after going thru the double translation
        5)Many have a “short fuse” when it comes to temper

I always said, it’s not what you say, it’s how you say it. What I mean is, if I make fun out of my girlfriend and she makes a gesture like she wants to choke me with her bare hands and says “I’m going to kill you”, I don’t call the cops. I laugh, she laughs and everybody laughs.

We could have a lot more fun here if we didn’t have to worry about what we type…….

Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

Guys, it was a joke. You know where to discuss the other garbage.
          “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Originally posted by Jessterw View Post
            Guys, it was a joke. You know where to discuss the other garbage.
            Ooh, red fonts!

Comment

Yeah, I was going for clarity
              “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Working...
              X