Waaaahhhh!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I with Fat Tone on the spy scandal...

I'm still not sure if I support McLaren's appeal or not... However, on a website (itv or bbc), there was mention that the officials decided not to take action because the consequences would be too great. IMO, that should never be a reason not to take action (doubt is a reason).

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tone View Post
      Rakido: Do you really think that if there was any evidence to that effect, that McLaren would still be in the championship right now? AFAICS (and admittedly we'll never know the whole truth, and ok, I'm possibly biased) the whole scandal was about rengade action by a couple of individuals not in a position to influence car design, and was probably no worse than goes on up and down the pit lane in what is a small tightly-knit community with frequent personnel changes.

You surely saw the way Max Mosely reacted to it. One substantial shred of evidence and McLaren would be history and banned until 2009.
      I'm with you, we will never know the whole truth. But it was very clear to me that McLaren was never in danger being banned. There's way too much money-making involved with the whole F1 and Mosley knows this as well.

And if there really was *no* influence of the stolen papers and details in the current McLaren car, why did they pay the 100 million euro fine without taking more action against it and accepted the loss of all the constructors championship points? Because Ron Dennis is such a humble guy who wishes only the best for F1?

But again, we will never know the real truth behind that all. Just let's hope that the next season will be one that concentrates on the sport itself and not on all the bullshit happening besides. And maybe Lewis is able to concentrate a bit more in the last race, avoiding such big errors and win it next time
      "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

Working...
      X