Bugatti Veyron vs Eurofighter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SteveC View Post
    Prob cost them nothing - the Eurofighter would prob be part of a test run or training, and it makes the RAF look good so they don't mind, and VW sent over TWO bugatti's for good measure. You can't beat product endorsment on Top Gear!

Too true! People have a bit of a go at Top Gear from time to time, but it has not only saved the BBC's biscuits from the fire... it is also the top motoring brand in the world at this point, with how many gazillion viewers per episode? Lots, that's how many.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Comment

To be fair though 'god what did that cost!?' was my initial thought!

Comment

Of course, they have had cooperation with military divisions in the past: they shot a car (with the old Stig?) in the ocean using the launch system of an air-craft carrier, Jeremy has raced a LandRover Sport against a tank (trying not to get shot), they drove a Lotus and a Porsche through an urban obstacle course populated snipers to see which one would suffer the least hits (=most manoeverable), raced against a Harrier on their track, ...

As mentioned before: it makes the military stuff look very cool (propaganda?) and provides for fun television: win-win situation.

Jörg
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Originally posted by VJ View Post
          Of course, they have had cooperation with military divisions in the past: they shot a car (with the old Stig?) in the ocean using the launch system of an air-craft carrier, Jeremy has raced a LandRover Sport against a tank (trying not to get shot), they drove a Lotus and a Porsche through an urban obstacle course populated snipers to see which one would suffer the least hits (=most manoeverable), raced against a Harrier on their track, ...

As mentioned before: it makes the military stuff look very cool (propaganda?) and provides for fun television: win-win situation.

Jörg
          I believe they referred to the obstacle course as the "Industry Standard Escape From Army Snipers Test".
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
          X