No announcement yet.

Half an hour of horror!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, there may have been a lot of light thrown recently on a few rotten apples amongst the Catholic clergy, but they represent a minority, probably a tiny minority amongst the 400,000-odd priests worldwide. The study shows that 0.1% of the perpetrators were "Other professionals" which category clergy would fall into, along with teachers, medical staff etc. As for my assertion, you have only to look at the history of Catholics to see they (parents and the Church) often do wonders for their children in times of extreme hardship (Irish potato famine, Polish Nazi occupation, S. American slums today etc.). Yes, I know that economics often mean that the kids are often unsupported, leading to all sorts of horrors, but I maintain that Catholics (and E. Orthodox) will often make more sacrifices for the welfare of their kids than most others.

Notwithstanding, the study shows clearly that Hispanic children in the USA are subjected to less bad treatment than others, even in the States with large Hispanic populations.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Working...
    X