Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went to the Dr. today and....

I LOST 25lbs !!!!

My weight had been stable but a tad higher than I wanted, so I increased my exercise routine to emphasize more lower body (ex: squats with 120 lbs) and upped my reps everywhere else. Dr. was pleased but jealous as he's hit a wall the last 2-3 months in his attempts.

Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Congratulations.
    Hard work pays off for DM.
    Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

Comment

Well done!

Comment

11.3 kg - good progress. It's the maintaining part that's hard. Have you also changed your diet (more meals, avoiding certain stuff)?

Comment

I'm diabetic so diet control is already a big part of my life.

The problem has been a 1.5 cm residual wound on the bottom of my foot after the MRSA infection that cost me a little toe & a bit of flesh ~2 yrs ago. Almost died as it was a "superbug" strain that at the time had killed 12 of the 18 people that had had it worldwide. Had several conversations with the CDC over that little party.

The only way to finally heal it was with a custom boot orthotic - a Crow Walker - which cuts down your activity considerably. They're custom molded with replaceable inserts that provide a hollow under the wound to off-load it and promote healing. Only $1,450

I'm almost "there" now and getting ready to get active again.
          Attached Files
          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Looks like an old rear-entry ski boot.
            Chuck
            秋音的爸爸

Comment

Problem 1 is that it's almost 2" higher than the other side, and problem 2 is that it locks your ankle solid. Makes getting around rather uncomfortable, and driving impossible without swapping in a conventional diabetic shoe. On-off-on-off. P.I.T.A.
              Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Those orthodics look like the custom made leg braces my son has. Of course they are lacking the thigh support and the RUN Forest RUN brackets... and the funky purple pattern.

Good deal none the less Terry. Excersize works wonders for helping out maintaining sugar levels. Have Hypoglycemia myself, none too fun for sure

Bloody MRSA crap, some varients are wicked (like yours). Neighbour had it and her Great Great Grandson she's raising. Dr. repeatedly insisted she had a dirty home (LOL) after eye surgery. Some bright Indian chap who lost a client over his arrogant additude. She got it from the Doctors office, pick one, she has 7 different Quacks...
                "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Good stuff Doc!! Now I gotta find a way to gain weight...I work out, drink the protein shakes, eat like crazy and nothing

I could have an over active thyroid, who knows.

Comment

If you're concerned, which seems the case from you actually trying to gain weight, at your physical ask the doc to check your thyroid hormone levels. OTOH, you may just be 'blessed' with a high proportion of brown adipose tissue (BAT - it burns calories & generates heat.) Most of it disappears after infancy, but how much is variable.
                    Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Originally posted by Elie View Post
                      Good stuff Doc!! Now I gotta find a way to gain weight...I work out, drink the protein shakes, eat like crazy and nothing

I could have an over active thyroid, who knows.
                      I used to try to gain weight back in the 2000's. I ate two lunches and was working out at my job most of the day. Nothing.
                      Finally gave up. Now, having a lot less physical job, i have to be careful of how much i eat, or i start piling on the pounds.
                      As long as you are healthy, and have the strength you want, who cares if your weight doesn't increase?
                      Some people arent meant to be heavy. :-)
                      PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
                      Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
                      +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Working...
                      X