No announcement yet.

TELETEXT Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything. I think there could be some kind of announcement this week. The directory on the CD is 1.7Mb so it shouldn't be an immense download.

Comment

Hey, I wanted Damon to win !

OK, I've tested the new drivers/VTs and Teletext explorer on my G200 Marvel PC. It works even though I don't have a tuner in the Marvel. I plugged the antenna into my VCR and selected "line in" from PC-VCR and then hit the teletext button. The display was fairly garbled, but that is normal for UK teletext anyway.

Comment

Hi Guys,

Sorry for not posting sooner. I will have an answer for everyone concerning the posting of the Teletext SW for G400&RRG users by this Wed.

I will also let you know which cards will officially be supported by it.

Olliver

[This message has been edited by Olliver (edited 02 November 1999).]
        All comments and statements are purely of my own opinion and in no way reflect on my employer.

Comment

Ooh, teletext at last. Not that it'll ever display the text "Damon wins 2nd F1 championship". Pity though.

Maybe all he needs a bit of self-esteem, a decent car and an eyebrow trim?

Comment

Hi Guys,

I am waiting for final confirmation but as it stands TeleText SW should be available by next week for download.

Olliver

[This message has been edited by Olliver (edited 03 November 1999).]
            All comments and statements are purely of my own opinion and in no way reflect on my employer.

Comment

Olliver,

thanks for your reply but, let me say and be sure that what I'm going to say is addressed to Matrox and NOT to you personally (I really appreciate your involvement in this forum):

IT'S INCREDIBLE!!!!!

and I really don't understand; I was waiting for such a post:

TELETEXT SW IS GOING TO BE RELEASED BY TONIGHT!!

but Matrox, maybe (again maybe), will release for download TELETEXT by next week.

I'm asking myself if it's so difficult to "prepare for download" a 1.7 MByte SW.

Matrox has ALREADY released TELETEXT on CD officially for Marvel/400, so this sw is stable and tested enough: again, I don't understand.

There are here in Europe a lot of people waiting for TELETEXT since one year!!!

I suggest at least MATROX authorizes This_Idiot to upload this 1.7 Mbyte SW on his site: let me say that this is due to all Matrox "enthusiast" customers paying Matrox cards immediately and not after one year.

Now, believe me, I'm really sad, also because Milan has just lost the match with Galatasarai (Soccer Champions League).

Lorenzo
              casslscc@tin.it
              Milano - Italy

Comment

I watched Chelsea win the group on my RR-G!

It would have been nice to have also had TELETEXT so that I could have kept up with the other scores. Milan's loss is a real surprise in the UK

Thanks for your persistence Lorenzoc, Lets hope the download is worth waiting for even for us G200+RR-g users

Vic

Comment

lorenzoc,

"I'm asking myself if it's so difficult to "prepare for download" a 1.7 MByte SW."

It's not a matter of being difficult as much as a procedure that has to be followed before any SW is posted on the web.

"but Matrox, maybe (again maybe), will release for download TELETEXT by next week."

I have been assured that the SW will be posted.
                  I could have said "tonight" but I'm not the one that posts SW on the website. It may very well be that the SW will be there tonight or by Friday but I never like to give an exact date because I don't want to upset anyone if, for what ever reason, it doesn't get posted.

Olliver-

[This message has been edited by Olliver (edited 04 November 1999).]

[This message has been edited by Olliver (edited 04 November 1999).]

Comment

Hi Olliver,

many thanks, anyway, for your support.

I wait for Matrox upload, and I understand your arguments.

BTW... if you could push them a bit to anticipate..... it's a joke of course.

Thanks again

Lorenzo
                    casslscc@tin.it
                    Italy

Comment

lorenzoc,

'BTW... if you could push them a bit to anticipate....."

I did push (I now owe a few people a beer- ) but it didn't make it for this weekend, sorry but time ran out.
                      I would have liked for the SW to have been posted for you guys for the weekend but that's the way it goes sometimes.

Olliver

------------------

Comment

Thanks Olliver, anyway!

Just to spend some time waiting for TELETEXT, find below a joke:

A little summary of all operating systems!!!

If Airlines Were Based on Operating Systems:

UNIX Airways:

Everyone brings one piece of the plane along when they come to the airport. They all go out on the runway and put the plane together piece by piece, arguing nonstop about what kind of plane they are supposed to be building.

Air DOS:

Everybody pushes the airplane until it glides, then they jump on and let the plane coast until it hits the ground again. Then they push again, jump on again, and so on.

AS/400 Airlines:

All the stewards, captains, baggage handlers, and ticket agents look and act exactly the same. Every time you ask questions about details, you are gently but firmly told that you don't need to know, don't want to know, and everything will be done for you without your ever having to know, so just shut up.

Windows Air:

The terminal is pretty and colorful, with friendly stewards, easy baggage check and boarding, and a smooth takeoff. After about 10 minutes in the air, the plane explodes with no warning whatsoever.

Windows NT Air:

Just like Windows Air, but costs more, uses much bigger planes, and takes out all the other aircraft within a 40-mile radius when it explodes.

Linux Air:

Disgruntled employees of all the other OS airlines decide to start their own airline. They build the planes and ticket counters, and pave the runways themselves. They charge a small fee to cover the cost of printing the ticket, but you can also download and print the ticket yourself. When you board the plane, you are given a seat, four bolts, a wrench, and a copy of the seat-HOWTO.html. Once settled, the fully adjustable seat is very comfortable, the plane leaves and arrives on time without a single problem, the in-flight meal is wonderful. You try to tell customers of the other airlines about the great trip, but all they can say is:"You had to do what with the seat?"

Lorenzo

Comment

Any news yet?

Comment

No news: I've also checked directly on ftp://ftp.matrox.com; nothing happened by now.

Lorenzo

Comment

We're all waiting VERY patiently!

Comment

Hi Guys,

GREAT NEWS!!!!!_

You will find the link to the (long awaited) Teletext utility at http://www.matrox.com/mga/drivers/files/ftp_util.htm

Olliver

Comment

Working...
                                X