Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Guys,

When uninstalling drivers:

1. Remove all the Matrox software that you can with the "Add/Remove programs" (Video tools, DVD Player, Teletext, Techdemo...) it will probably get removed by the uninstaller anyway, so it is better to do it at this stage.
    2. Run the Matrox uninstaller to remove the Display drivers.
    3. Reboot the machine and install the Standard PCI VGA drivers.
    4. Run Regclean or Norton WinDoctor to remove (some of) the remaining references.
    5. Look in C:\Windows and C:\Windows\System for any PD*.* files (check with the file properties that it is a Matrox file), and remove the found files.
    6. Open RegEdit and do a search for "Matrox", "MGA" (ignore IMGA), G400 (or G200), PDesk, Rainbow, and remove the references (the keys).

If you are not comfortable editing the Registry, DON'T DO IT - Do a fresh installation of Windows to a freshly formatted HD instead.

This should get your system clean enough for the installation of newer (or older) drivers.

Pertti

[This message has been edited by Pertti (edited 15 November 1999).]

Comment

This_Idiot wrote:
      "Reading Daves post makes me wonder whether the Uninstall utility is doing the job properly. I seem to remember when it was released there was a caveat about it not fully uninstalling older driver versions."

You may well have it there. Because my driver setup predated the uninstaller and reading all I've picked up from these forums I worked out/guessed/hoped that I could flush the older drivers just using add/remove programs and device manager. (Luckily I was right).The uninstaller states (if memory serves) that it is required to remove drivers 4.xx (35?) and (my quotes)"above".

Dave

(Re edit: just asked whether Lundberg had 1.51 vid tools, then realised from his first post he did)

[This message has been edited by dave m (edited 15 November 1999).]
      Don't make me angry...

Comment

Dame.
        Made the uninstall of my drivers and reinstalled drivers just downloaded from MURC
        And the same dame thing. No Teletext button.
        It's on the flashscreen that pops up when
        starting the PC-VCR but not on the remote.

One think I noticed when installing the Powerdesk 5.30.007 drivers was that it didn't detect any devices at all. Is there
        surpose to be the RR in the list?
        But when I check after the installtion it detects everything.

Also in the device manger at the graphics card it says that I have "-English"
        Is surpose to be like that...?
        And clicking on the settings on it it says.
        That it's a graphic card made by Matrox version 002 and that its working.
        Nothing about it being a G100.

Lundberg

Comment

Well now I'm really confused.
          I did again an fully uninstall and then
          ran the Matrox uninstall utility and then
          manully removed all matrox and vidtools entries in the register.
          Although I didn't install the 5.30 drivers
          this time I install 5.25 because the 5.30
          drivers didn't find my G100 card (strange
          as its listed in the list of supported card)
          And installed the vidtools 1.51

I have also reinstalled directX 7 (if that makes and diffrence)

And still no dame teletext button. What is this. Why cant I get that dame button!!!?

Lundberg

Comment

Lundberg.nu,

You have gone about the uninstall and reinstall of the drivers correctly that is not the problem. The problem is that Teletext is not supported with the G100.

Check the download site "This utility is for the Marvel G400, Marvel G200 and the Rainbow Runner G-series in Windows 95/98. The utility
            supports European "Closed Captioning"

Olliver
            All comments and statements are purely of my own opinion and in no way reflect on my employer.

Comment

It doesn't support G100?
              But does support RRG. Please explain why.
              Also what does "European Closed Captioning"
              really means?

Lundberg

Comment

To This_Idiot:

This thread is now really "wide": what about closing it?

I suggest to all "TELETEXT KEEN" to post new
                topics, by argument.

Now it's difficult to scroll two pages containing a lot of different arguments.

BTW: I'm really satisfied about Teletext.

Lorenzo
                Italy

Comment

Lundberg.nu,

"Also what does "European Closed Captioning"
                  really means?"

European Closed Captioning is TeleText.

The support for RRG is meant for the RRG that is supported with the G200 and G400 series.

Olliver
                  All comments and statements are purely of my own opinion and in no way reflect on my employer.

Comment

Thanks Oliver.
                    That clears the facts out.
                    So I just have to wait for the MAX
                    to arive then. Too bad the suppliers here
                    in Sweden are about 500-1000 orders back.
                    uhhh.
                    But. Hey it must show up sometime.

Lundberg

Comment

Heja Lundberg.NU

Maybe you should consider moving here (Finland), we have Maxes even at small time dealers shelves

Pertti

Comment

Hi, i just installed the software and is working with Marvel G200 without tuner with videorecorder, but i can see only the bottom part of most pages, the page is complete only for few pages. Can anyone explane that?
                        The Tv set connected works fine with teletext. Lorenzoc (you are in Italy)do you have the same problems? I tried with Rai and Mediaset, the same problem with all channels.
                        Can be a videorecorder problem? Is a JVC S-Vhs connected with S-Video cable.
                        Ciao
                        Sebastiano

Comment

TommyS / Sebastiano,

on my G400MAX + RRG and on G200 Marvel WITH tuner I can see TELETEXT REALLY VERY WELL!!!

I've also tested Teletext on a TV signal coming from a SONY videorecorder (through LINE-IN of course, both on Marvel and RRG): all is working fine, so I suppose you could have some problems with your VCR.

Anyway, be aware that teletext is ALWAYS really influenced by the antenna signal level; in fact you could see TV fine but have some problem with teletext also on a "normal" TV equipment.

Lorenzo
                          Italy

Comment

Working...
                          X