No announcement yet.

New Video Tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, I tried it with winXP, it installed, but when I tired quick connect, it was really really slow. it took over 30 min to go through all the steps. when I ran pc-vcr, it also just sat there for a long time.

Comment

I had no sond at the beginning (I think it's a default installation setup).
      But I tried to change the Line-in check in my drivers (either the windows sound drivers and the creative drivers) and it works now.

I use Win2K with the Service Pack 2.
      For the exact version of my software, I will tell you that tomorrow, because I'm not home today.

Comment

Well, winxp RC1 just came out today, I'd give it a try but I'm having trouble finding it. I'll give the drivers a try on there when I get a chance. Anyone know where I can get a copy of RC1 ftpd to me?

Comment

Bryceman,

Click the Matrox PC-VCR entry on the start menu to "minimise" the program. When it minimises the desktop background becomes the picture.

It's pretty cool.

Seeya,

...David

Comment

A couple of posts reported not having the yuy2 format option in vdub or avi_io. I have the same problem, and from reading the thread, I could not figure out for sure if others got yuy2 with my exact configuration (Win2k, RR-G, G400). If someone knows a trick to get it to work, I'd be interested to know. I provide more details of what I tried below.

PC-VCR gives me yuy2 as a choice, and it seems to work fine, I just can't get it through the vidcap. When selecting video->format in virtualDub, the options are only RGB (8, 16 and 24 bits), and MJPEG. I've tried MJPEG with vdub, and it work. I have also tried to select video -> Set cutom format ... -> YUY2. I have tried that with a few video sizes and with and without compression, but in all cases, vdub crashes when I try to start a capture.

I've had a quick look at a disassembly of rrvcap32.dll (which seems to be the applicable vidcap for my configuration), and it does have tests in a couple of places to make decisions about YUY2 stuff, but I would have to analyze the code a lot longer to figure out what the conditions are exactly. Anyone knows what they are, or of a patch that can enable YUY2? The Flying Dutchman patch is obviously not applicable in this case.

It's really not worth the effort for me to investigate the rrvcap32 code, but if I get no answer and I find the time, I might give it a go just for sport ;-)

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
            X