Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Geforce FX review! I'm defo keeping my Radeon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The T-Buffer was 3dfx's magic box.
    It was the engine for Motion Blur, Anti-Aliasing, Depth of FIeld...

It was very cool, but no one used it.
    PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
    Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
    +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

mayby because it was propretairy?
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

More funny pics (from Riva Station)

flamethrower
        Rocketeer
        another leaf blower ?
        turbofan military engine
        bazooka
        bike exhaust
        JumboJet engines

Riva Station
        (there are a few more there)

Comment

LOL
          I just listened to the mp3s, that thing is louder than the ALPHA P7125 with two 7000rpm fans i had Also the noise is very whiny.
          no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Originally posted by the maddman
            Well, 3Dfx's Voodoo3 cards did some sort of filtering in the RAMDAC, and we could be getting some more "Nvidia-blur-o-vision" in the RAMDAC, but improving anistropic filtering after the framebuffer?!? I call bullshit.
            Supersampled AA has the side effect of improving texture aliasing too. As a result, using SSAA improves the output from anisotropic operations too. This is why my GF4 looks better with 4xS FSAA than 4xFSAA, even if I use 2x aniso with the 4x and no aniso with 4xS. If they're somehow implementing something similar to SS on the post filter, it would have the side effect of improving aniso output (as compared to the framebuffer) too.

Something to think about..
            "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
            Gainward Ti4600
            AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

As far as the noisy fan goes, I personally don't think it will make a difference in my case. I have so many fans going now that likely the 5800Ultra's fan will be drowned out. Add to that the fact that I strategically placed my full-tower case UNDER my desk (for the very reason of the noisy fans), so that I can barely hear anything from it anyway..

The performance of the GFFX is currently disappointing anyway, at least if you take all the pre-launch hype into account. If you ignore all the hype, it has finally beaten the 9700Pro (barely), even on pre-release drivers, but the IQ issue still needs to be settled for good. I want to see what the post-processed images look like so that I have something to make valid comparisons with (vs. 9700, obviously), and even then, I want to see better optimized drivers before I can justify plunking money down on it.

As it stands right now, I probably wouldn't be making a bad decision to get the Ultra, but the 9700 Pro seems to be a better choice, imo.

System specs:
              Gainward Ti4600

Comment

This is just tooo good. Head on over to www.visiontek.com and crank up the speakers
                All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by lecter
                    This is just tooo good. Head on over to www.visiontek.com and crank up the speakers
                    LMAO
                    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Check out the claims from Gainward for their cards. I'm personally a bit skeptical (7db?!? max noise?), but if they do it, it may be that their cards are the ones to own.

System specs:
                      Gainward Ti4600

Comment

thats 7db, measured from 4' away with the pc in hibernate mode
                        Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

LOL
                          That thing is a PR desaster for nVidia.
                          no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

I was reading over at [h] that Nvidia has changed the operation of the fan so that it only kicks in when your doing 3D and thus cutting back on the noise from it. Still not interest in the POS though.
                            Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

One test said that this constant speed changing of the fan was probably even more annoying than if it ran full speed all the time.
                              Seems the fan is kicking in an out at quite short intervals, giving you the real airport experience...
                              But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                              My System
                              2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                              German ATI-forum

Comment

Working...
                              X