No announcement yet.

Stupid XP bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually in my case it's NOT transition effects.

It might be the new MPower Tools. I had some other bizarre right-click problems way back when I was using Picaview (also by ACD Systems).

Or it could just be that this machine is FUBAR lately. I installed a bunch of bizarre shit for testing WITHOUT running regtracker first. Bleh.

Gurm_
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Comment

It happens on my PII-450 (BX mainboard).
      (will test on my Xeon later)

But, is it only the counter that goes up to 100%, or is the CPU actually busy ?

Jörg
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

The CPU actually goes to 100%...my duallies top out at 51% for each processor. Who needs Prime95 for Burn-In? Microsoft built one into the desktop! That link from wywywywywy explains the problem.
        Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Have common tasks set in folders, set to open on double click... no 100% CPU usage.

Comment

There's much more to it than that.

I didn't get it at all until very recently... so it's definitely not as "common" a thing as all that. But it's a bug for sure.

Gurm_
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
            X