Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats a good audio-stereo equipment forum??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's the link to Auralex. I was lucky and found a music shop in town that carried their products.
    http://www.auralex.com/

Paul
    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

I've got my sub in the corner and it all sits on raised floor boards. The audiophiles prefer the concrete slab for clarity but I think the cavity gives the sub a little extra kick. Not like I have a choice anyway. My system isn't really optimized for music fidelity anyway. I made the decision to sacrifice some things (no Class A amps, speaker cables soldered to the amp circuit, etc.) to give me a flexible system that can be used for audio and video (Satellite TV, LD, etc.) and with multi-zone distribution throughout the house (like a LAN). For example ... the wife can watch a LD in the front room while I watch a Basketball game on the patio. I landed up with a system that can compete quite well against a comparably priced strictly audio setup but its quite a bit more flexible and suited to my needs.
      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Heh, it's difficult to compare different sets of speakers in the same setting in a store. You can't really do it unless you take all those speakers home and set them up in your living room.

Loudness is not too important here. I'm not looking to make myself deaf, nor have the neighbors banging on my doors.

Hehe most of you are old enough to be my parents, so I think I have quite a bit of time before my hearing starts to deteriorate.

Comment

Mine's not quite that extensive yet but the sound quality is definitley getting better.
          I've got a nice sweet spot in the center of our couch that will make your hair stand on end with certain recordings
          That's "PC" for a "Woody"....ROFLMAO!!!!!

Paul
          "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Liquid Snake:
            Heh, it's difficult to compare different sets of speakers in the same setting in a store.</font>
            Not if you go to the right store.
            <font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2"> ... Hehe most of you are old enough to be my parents ...</font>
            I'm a bit older than that.

Thanks for the treatment link Paul. Here's the link to Owens Corning's HT acoustic products . I like their sound proof walls and doors (check it out LS ).

<TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Cool!!

Here's another link for some "Do it yourself"
              sound treatments and making your own cables.
              http://members.xoom.com/Jon_Risch/

Paul

Comment

While I try to hunt down that link for the acoustic analysis SW package, let me offer this little goody ... Great discounts on group purchases of A/V equipment. A "secret" little society of folks getting together and picking up some sweet deals. I tried to get my Pronto through one of these GP offers but it never happened (very limited stock at the time).

P.S. Looks like they went big time now. Here's the new site with full pledged forums. Haven't checked out the new site yet.

[This message has been edited by xortam (edited 10 June 2001).]

Comment

Got awfully quiet all of a sudden. I guess everybody Stateside has passed out now. Probably time for me to head off to bed too.

Here's that analysis SW I mentioned.

Comment

You guys must be old or something... having to goto bed so early...

I might think about it when I get off work at 7:00PM tonight...

I don't get to pull allnighters when the wife is home... heh heh... she thinks I don't bother to sleep or anything
                    AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
                    AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
                    Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
                    Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

Comment

Say good night CB.

Comment

Just got back from coffee... gotta love Tim Hortons.

Goodnight Xortam... try not to feel too creeky when you get up in the morning.. I hear age does that to you

BTW if anyone wants to know the secret of staying up all night without feeling tired its a simple 3 step procedure.

1) Go Get a Fork
                        2) Stick it in a wall socket
                        3) Smooth down you hair and keep on going

Comment

Looks like we Creeky Old farts start earlier than you do cbman.....LOL

Nice link on the software xortam

Paul

Comment

Shhh ... you'll wake him up.

Comment

I've got to check out that acoustic SW some more myself. I saw the site mentioned and bookmarked it but never got around to poking through there much. Too many projects and not enough time, even without a job.

Comment

Hey Hey now.. I have been up... I can't very well telepathically link with MURC to answer your posts. Especially not from the crummy factory where I have to work for the moment... in fact.. I took the day off sick after a while because working there is so depressing

I might be able to do it if someone can make me up a disk with a browser and network configuration for Novell.. I would just have to sneak to one of the dumb terminals that the ELF system runs off of when no one was looking.

Comment

Working...
                                X