Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats a good audio-stereo equipment forum??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This Home Theater addiction can be very deadly! Just see this thread: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/...ML/039411.html

Comment

hehe, I love gaadgets This HT thing is surely getting out of hand though. I have already considered adding a console to the setup because I simply have not used all of the connections on the receiver, lol. It would fit very nice with the rest, dont you think?

Dave
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I like to do all the research up front and get knowledgeable opinions first before buying anything. I had an overall plan on what I wanted to do with my system and I've stuck by purchases for 13 years now. The only trade was the preamp which we knew going in since my preamp wasn't available quite yet (available a few months later.) The initial preamp was a new Nakamichi loaner. The eventual unit is the Luxman multi-zone preamp/tuner. The only upgrade was when I added the BUD satellite. Oh yeah, I had problems with the Lexicon Surround processor and I traded it in for the Fosgate at near original cost (pays to shop with a reputable dealer.) I've been very happy with the system and only have felt the need to upgrade the last year or two to take advantage of HDTV and DD/DTS. I almost bought the Lexicon MC-1 digital audio processor in Dec-99 but there was one thing it couldn't do and its *very* expensive so I decided to wait for new equipment to come out (it still looks like the best bet). I initially watched movies on my Pioneer LD-W1 dual platter LD until I got satellite which is just too darn easy (same a/v quality and you just have to hit a button to change movies.) I simply use the DVD in my PC for now and it works just fine for the moment. I have been hot for HDTV for the last 18 months but I just wasn't willing to cut myself on the bleeding edge.
        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Working...
        X