No announcement yet.

New Win2000 drivers today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pheel, you're HIGH. My Win2k final retail pro CD contains NO g400 drivers, working or otherwise. It contains G200 drivers, without OpenGL.

Sheesh.

- Gurm

------------------
    Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

noackjr, Matrox has been promising to release WHQL certified drivers since november. Personally I'm not particularly interested in the WHQL process, it is mainly needed to keep OEMs happy, it doesn't guarrantee flawless 3D functioning, or the best performance. It does mean that 2D will be stable, which I guess is something.

Dell has released the sblive drivers, they are working perfectly on my system, surround sound and all.

Well, as Tuesday draws to a close, looks like I am not going to try that possum pie!

Paul

Comment

pheel,

your cd must be special, mine don't have any g400 driver.

Comment

Dammit, I'm not high, just drunk

It recognized it as a G400 and loaded drivers for 2d, but the DirectX and the OGL were, actually, non fuctional. I went and installed the beta drivers, which are running Q3A, UT, TriplePlay2k and Nerf(killer game for kids-I like it too).

My mistake.

However, as others have stated, finalized drivers are rare for W2k now. I have a Guillemot Maxigamer32 sitting in front of me, but the quality of my G400Max's beta drivers seem quite excellent. I'll stick with it.

My apologies, I'll be stoned next posting for GURM..

There can be only one, and I ain't him-and campers suck

Comment

what's wrong with the beta? I am more concern of MS fix for sticky keys.

Comment

Working...
            X