Diablo II Beta: Anybody testing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SwordMaiden... I like that!
    Valkerie, while normally this would be great, we may not want to use it. Valkerie is the name of the Sorceress' summon spell. It's like the Necromancer's Golem spell. That shouldn't stop us from using it if thats what everyone likes though. I think it sounds good, but there is that consideration. As an alternative what about "Banshee of M".
    Which would give us
    Swordmaiden Acolyte of M
    Banshee of M (Lieutenant)

Just some more suggestions.

Ian
    Primary System:
    MSI 745 Ultra, AMD 2400+ XP, 1024 MB Crucial PC2100 DDR SDRAM, Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro, 3Com 3c905C NIC,
    120GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, 60 GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, Pioneer DVD 105S, BenQ 12x24x40 CDRW, SB Audigy OEM,
    Win XP, MS Intellimouse Optical, 17" Mag 720v2
    Seccondary System:
    Epox 7KXA BIOS 5/22, Athlon 650, 512 MB Crucial 7E PC133 SDRAM, Hercules Prophet 4500 Kyro II, SBLive Value,
    3Com 3c905B-TX NIC, 40 GB IBM UDMA 100 HD, 45X Acer CD-ROM,
    Win XP, MS Wheel Mouse Optical, 15" POS Monitor
    Tertiary system
    Offbrand PII Mobo, PII 350, 256MB PC100 SDRAM, 15GB UDMA66 7200RPM Maxtor HD, USRobotics 10/100 NIC, RedHat Linux 8.0
    Camera: Canon 10D DSLR, Canon 100-400L f4.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon 100 Macro USM Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon Speedlite 200E, tripod, bag, etc.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology will be indistinguishable from magic." --Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

Sorry to burst y'all's bubble, but can you guys help me to get this damn game to work? It keeps fu*kin crashing hard and I'm not sure why. I think it may be heat related, but it's the most annoying thing. I can play the game for a while and then it will crash back to the desktop, but if I sit in the chat thing to ask people stuff, it hard freezes my damn comp. Everything else works fine, but that. I really want to get this working so I can have something productive to say towards clan names and stuff, but as of now, I'm still a damn level fu*kin 2 character, so I have nothing to contribute (probably wouldn't anyway, but it sounded cool... )....

Grrrr

Dimitri

P.s.: Thanks for any ideas/suggestions and sorry to interrupt again...

Forgot to post my system:

Athlon 700 @ 850
      MSI K7 PRO
      128 megs crap pc100 ram
      Matrox G400 MAX
      SBLive!
      Hollywood + DVD Decoder
      Linksys 10/100 NIC
      Some hd's with some os's and stuff
      DVD rom toshiba
      8x4x24 yamaha
      I think thats it. Let me know if I forgot anything...

***EDIT***
      I only play in win 98 S.E. using PDesk 5.52...

[This message has been edited by Muad'Dib (edited 14 June 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Muad'Dib (edited 14 June 2000).]
      "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
      --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

well, lets have a peek, u trying to run it in win98 or win2k, in 98 im using PDesk drivers 5.30 with no problems, in win2k im using 5.04 but on the odd occasion get video corruption forcing a hard reboot

hope this give you some possible clue as to if its the Matrox drivers or not, anyways...

Frankfurt
        Here is my system config:Athlon XP+ 2000, 1024MB SDRAM,EpOX EP9XA (or something)<b>Matrox Parhelia </b>
        WinXP Professional SP1
        Hercules Fortissimo III 7.1
        3COM 905C

Comment

Dimitri, I know it's not much use right now. But, I'm trying to fix a friends computer that I built for him(he managed to break it within the first few weeks of having it). But at any rate it has a very similar hardware setup. Since he really wants me to try and squash all possible bugs, I'll go ahead and install D2 on it and play for a while using his computer and see what happens. You'll have to wait until tommorow for that solution though.

In the mean time, you probably had already noticed this, but MSI released a 1.5 BIOS for the K7Pro, if you haven't flashed it yet you might want to do so. It has a couple of rather nice bug fixes.

Beyond that though, I know you probably have the latest drivers from AMD. Have you installed the latest ROM updates for your DVD and CDR? What about the Hollywood Decoder?(I don't know if it even has a ROM) Latest drivers for everything and all that. Sometimes it's the smallest thing that you end up smacking yourself for having forgotten. In particular, if you are using an analog modem make sure you have the latest drivers for it installed.
          One last thing, get rid of that POS LinkSys card. Go get a cheap D-Link or something. Or if you want to spend the cash, get an Intel or something.

One last thing(it really is this time). This relates to D2 itself. Have you tryed it in both 2d and 3d mode? Many people have reported certain amounts of instability with 3d.

Let us know how it works.
          Ian
          Primary System:
          MSI 745 Ultra, AMD 2400+ XP, 1024 MB Crucial PC2100 DDR SDRAM, Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro, 3Com 3c905C NIC,
          120GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, 60 GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, Pioneer DVD 105S, BenQ 12x24x40 CDRW, SB Audigy OEM,
          Win XP, MS Intellimouse Optical, 17" Mag 720v2
          Seccondary System:
          Epox 7KXA BIOS 5/22, Athlon 650, 512 MB Crucial 7E PC133 SDRAM, Hercules Prophet 4500 Kyro II, SBLive Value,
          3Com 3c905B-TX NIC, 40 GB IBM UDMA 100 HD, 45X Acer CD-ROM,
          Win XP, MS Wheel Mouse Optical, 15" POS Monitor
          Tertiary system
          Offbrand PII Mobo, PII 350, 256MB PC100 SDRAM, 15GB UDMA66 7200RPM Maxtor HD, USRobotics 10/100 NIC, RedHat Linux 8.0
          Camera: Canon 10D DSLR, Canon 100-400L f4.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon 100 Macro USM Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon Speedlite 200E, tripod, bag, etc.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology will be indistinguishable from magic." --Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

Working...
          X