No announcement yet.

Alice and G400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We resolved the slowdown problem with Alice, stay tuned for an update from Rogue regarding this matter,

Regards,

------------------
    "The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."
    "The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."

Comment

Where are you finding slowdown problems? Is it just generally slow, or do specific things slow down?
      There were various lags, but it became unplayable for me after I got the formula for the shrinking potion and entered the next level (village of the damned?) and some rooms that had lab type equipment in them (glass tubes w/bubbling stuff). I gave up and saved and quit until there's a resolution.

Comment

Important note about setting the r_ext_compiled_vertex_array variable. It seems that Alice will reset that variable in the configuration if you change the renderer. ie if you try playing with the TurboGL and then remove the TurboGL and set the variable in the configuration file, you will fine that when you run Alice it will be in the screwed up configuration again.

Comment

YAY R0M!

Haven't heard from ya in a while, but thanky kindly!

- Gurm

------------------
          Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          If only life were as easy as you
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          I would still get screwed

Comment

I too am having the issue with slow downs. The vertex array fix got me going. But, that damn board with lab and the underwater board suck for FPS. Running:
            G400 MAX
            PIII 866
            384mb PC133
            Tyan Trinity S1854 mobo
            W2K

Comment

kmiec:

Notice that R0M said it's been fixed. Just be patient a couple days and it'll get posted on the Matrox game patches page.

- Gurm

------------------
              Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
              I would still get screwed

Comment

Yeah that slowdown issue is really starting to give me problem too. It appears to have something to do with the translucent beams of light that are coming in from the high windows in those rooms. Plays perfectly fine in that area IF I can keep the camera angled so that they never enter the field of view, but its not always possible...

Comment

Any ETA? I'm dying to continue playing..

Comment

The fix is going through QA at Electronic Arts and should be available very soon.

Sorry for the delay.

Comment

WHOOP!!!!!!!!

Comment

I'm downloading the latest 6.21 drivers now. Has anyone tried them to see if they have fixed the menu in Alice?
                        The readme mentions that it fixes "Intro screen and menu were shown as four colored blocks in Heavy Metal FAKK2." This sounds similar to the Alice problem.

Comment

ut fi y
                          Originally posted by jws:
                          I'm downloading the latest 6.21 drivers now. Has anyone tried them to see if they have fixed the menu in Alice?
                          The readme mentions that it fixes "Intro screen and menu were shown as four colored blocks in Heavy Metal FAKK2." This sounds similar to the Alice problem.
                          I don't have the demo nor the full version. I would like to know .
                          Ant @ The Ant Farm (http://antfarm.ma.cx)

Comment

Ok I've just given the 6.21 drivers a run through with Alice. I've noticed a couple of things, the blocky useless menu bug is now fixed, no need to edit the config file to make the menus work. However the extreme loss in framerate in some areas does NOT seem to be fixed by the drivers. ;[ Guess we're going to have to wait for that patch to get through EA's QA...

Comment

Check the fix for the Oni Demo (copying the g400icd.dll from the Win9x drivers into the game directory). It fixed all my framerate problems with Alice, and the game just LOOKS better as well.

Comment

You guys gotta remember...the G400 is a FPU hungry card and almost requires a 500+ Mhz CPU to begin with, just to get some decent use out of it. Anyone with anything less is at a serious disadvantage. Also, the Open-Gl ICD has alot of stuff in it that Turbo-Gl doesn't have and will never have. Things that a newer game like Alice needs. Besides, turbo-gl isn't much faster than the ICD anymore anyways. Direct X and the ICD are the only way to go anyways, When I run Halflife in Direct X, it NEVER crashes, yet it will in the ICD or turbo-gl.

George

Comment

Working...
                                X