No announcement yet.

If you want G800 speculation . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for that broken link, should have bee http://ms.demo.org ...

Anyways, here's a link to the Amiga demos that were released last year and on that server you'll find loads of more releases from other parties and the former years.

ftp://ftp.scene.org/pub/parties/2000...osium00/amiga/

Cheers,
    Maggi
    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
    Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
    4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
    2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
    OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
    4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
    Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
    LG BH10LS38
    LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

I would suspect the first pic is the gayforce3 due to the lack of use of compressed textures in the sky. As we all know the gayforce line including the gayforce3 has busted dxt1 and s3tc compression, downsampling to 16 bit colour.
      The Radeon produces an awesome looking sky with compressed textures in q3 along with double the level of anisotropic filtering of any gayforce card including the nv20. If it were a Radeon2 surely it would be using the compressed textures. Also ATi is pretty firm in it's stance that it wants to wait for the dust to settle from nvidias gayforce3 before putting the radeon2 hype out there. I also hear nvidia has scrapped the nv25 as they suspect the Radeon2 (which will power Nintendo's gamecube) is much more powerful than first anticipated. Nvidia is apparently going straight to the nv30 next.

Percuvius...

Comment

I'd have to consider the GF3 a new generation, and the GF1/2 a single generation, with minor changes between speed increments.

If I did otherwise (grouping the GF3 with the 1/2), I'd have to say that Matrox's G200/G400/G450 were all of the same generation, while I now consider the G200 one generation, and the G400/G450 another.

------------------
        Ace
        "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
        Gainward Ti4600
        AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

i'm agree, 100%

Comment

Percuvius: As far as I know, *Vidia is supplying the gpu for Nintendo's Game Cube, and the chipset is the NV25. Thats why the new abou it being scrapped for normal desktop release.. because its intended for the Game Cube, and the NV30 or whatver will be the next one for the pc.

Comment

The gamecube's graphics engine, codenamed dolphin, is made by ATI, who bought nintendo's graphics section, ArtX, a while ago

AZ
              There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Yea, rylan, you're confusing the GameCube with the X-Box! NVIDIA will make the chipset for that, with GameCube made by ATi I presume.

P.
                Meet Jasmine.
                flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Doh.. thanks for correcting me. Yeah, I was mixing the GameCube and X-Box up.. damned console systems :P

Comment

Hey guys,

You can check the spec for the Gamecube here http://www.nintendo.com/spaceworld/ngc_specs.html To see ATI's chip better you have to goto thier website

Comment

Working...
                    X