Anyone have B&W yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have B&W yet?

Anyone picked up Black & White yet? I've got my copy being delivered tomorrow and wondered if there's anything I should look out for.

By the way, I've been away from the forums for a while but I'm still running my trusty G400!

Thanks in advance!
    PIII 550@605
    IWill Motherboard VD133
    VIA Chipset
    512MB PC133 CAS2 Crucial
    G400 DH 32MB (6.51 Drivers)
    DirectX 8.0a
    SB Live! Value
    8x DVD (Toshiba)
    6x4x24 CDRW (Sony)
    Intel Pro/100+ NIC
    3Com CMX Cable Modem
    Optiquest V95 19"
    HP 812C Color Ink Jet
    Microtek flatbed scanner
    Intellimouse Explorer
    Surround Sound w/two subwoofers
    AND WAY TOO MANY GAMES!!!

Installing right now...

Comment

Seems to be working great at max detail on my system...

G400MAX, PDesk 5.52

Celeron 533A @ 800
      256 megs RAM
      Asus CUBX mobo
      SBLive!
      Microsoft Windows 98 4.10.1998
      DirectX 8.0a

Comment

I installed it this afternoon and I'm having several problems with the game. There are letters missing in some of the text that appears on screen and sometimes characters are not rendered even though their shadows are! Very strange happenings indeed.

My system is:

PIII-800E @ 1GHz
        Abit Se6
        512MB Micron RAM
        Vanilla G400 DH
        SBLive!
        Windows 2000 Professional
        DirectX 8.0a

Hope I can sort this out soon

Eric

[This message has been edited by Manex (edited 29 March 2001).]
        ABIT BF6, P3-600E FC-PGA @800, 128MB Crucial 7ns SDRAM, IBM Deskstar 10GXP, Matrox Millenium G400 DH 32MB, Sound Blaster Live!, D-LINK 10/100 Ethernet, Adaptec 2940UW, Plextor 32X CDROM, Plextor 4X/12X CD-R, SCSI Zip Drive, Motorola Cybersurfr Cable Modem

Comment

Glad to see it runs ok on a g400 system, well apart from Manex's probs. At least I've got a week to sort any potential problems I may have when I actually get it. *sigh*

Software publishers commitment to the worldwide market never ceases to amaze me

Still could be worse. I could be one of the poor buggers that live in Guildford

------------------
          "You win again gravity!"

Comment

Works on one of my configs, and not the other.

When I say "not", I mean the same problems as Manex - text is all messed up. Didn't notice the character rendering problem, but the text is all icky.

Quick workaround is to alt-tab out and back in - seems to fix the text at least temporarily.

I dunno why it messed up in the first place, doesn't happen on the other config. Time to figure out what's different, I guess...

*sigh*

- Gurm

------------------
            Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            If only life were as easy as you
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            If only life were as easy as you
            I would still get screwed

Comment

might it have to do with your windows font size properties? (i doubt that)

AZ
              There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

I have issues with B&W, as well. Not only do I have that text problem, the game randomly freezes and my whole screen gets garbled with multicolored lines. I've seen that before, but not in a *long* time.
                Also, when the game starts, I get 9 seperate little half drawn images of both the Lionhead and then the B&W logo. Really weird.
                Oh, and I have to keep volumetric lighting off for the temple, or else I can't read any of the text because it's covered with some weird texture.
                I wonder if these problems aren't all related to the Win2K drivers, though.

NStriker
                --------------------------
                Specs:
                Dual P3 500s
                Supermicro P6DGE mobo
                192 megs PC100
                G400 MAX
                Acoustic Edge soundcard
                Promise RAID controller
                dual 15 giggers in RAID 0
                No shared IRQs.
                All the most recent drivers.

Comment

Hey Guys,
                  It seems all the people who are having problems are under Win2k, i have been personally testing the game since it was in early beta on Win98 and never had any problems. I will check tomorrow and let you know if Win2k is the culprit, stay tuned...

Regards,

------------------
                  "The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."
                  "The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."

Comment

Thanks ROM! Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can't even enjoy the game with the current state of things... Sometimes Alt-Tabbing out and back into the game will fix things for a short while, but then the text and texture corruption return with a vengeance...

Eric
                    ABIT BF6, P3-600E FC-PGA @800, 128MB Crucial 7ns SDRAM, IBM Deskstar 10GXP, Matrox Millenium G400 DH 32MB, Sound Blaster Live!, D-LINK 10/100 Ethernet, Adaptec 2940UW, Plextor 32X CDROM, Plextor 4X/12X CD-R, SCSI Zip Drive, Motorola Cybersurfr Cable Modem

Comment

I'm having the same problems with the text under Win2k.

Have anyone tried changing back to some older drivers?
                      I'll probably be trying that tonight.

Here's my specs.

T-Bird 1 Ghz.
                      256 MB PC133 CAS2 RAM
                      Abit KT-7A RAID Bios ver. WZ
                      G400 MAX
                      Win 2k incl. all updates/service packs
                      G400MAX driver package 5.51.005

[This message has been edited by Double (edited 30 March 2001).]
                      Regards

Double

Specs:
                      Abit KT-7A Raid (bios ver. WZ)
                      T-Bird 1 Ghz
                      256 MB Apacer PC133 CAS2 RAM
                      G400 MAX
                      SB Live retail
                      97 GB of IBM HD (45+30+22)
                      Hitachi CM753ET 19"
                      FPS 2000 sound system
                      RB2000

Comment

NOt to brag, but the game seems to run fine on my win2k system...i have 256 MB ram, 900 MHz Athlon and am running SP1 with DX8. My only problem is i can't upload my creature (probably because of my firewall)

Frankfurt
                        Here is my system config:Athlon XP+ 2000, 1024MB SDRAM,EpOX EP9XA (or something)<b>Matrox Parhelia </b>
                        WinXP Professional SP1
                        Hercules Fortissimo III 7.1
                        3COM 905C

Comment

frankfurt: pls give us more details about your system. driver version, screen settings, b&w setup options etc. we need everything!

so far i've tried 5.03, 5.04, 5.14, 5.33, 5.51 - they all give me the font errors and texture errors (inside the citadel, my creature, everything has a wrong shadow: my creature for example has the shadow of my hand and some more minor flaws).

so any information you can give us is appreciated frankfurt!

ps. my system:

athlon 650
                          g400 16mb sh
                          256MB
                          win2k sp1
                          DX 8.0 (not 8.0a)
                          no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

This probably has nothing to do with the Windows 2000 display issue, but some retail copies of B&W have beta version files. Here is the link to this new information;
                            http://www.avault.com/news/displayne...=3302001-21824

Comment

actually this are (were) only rumours. check bwgame.com for the official statement from lionhead.
                              no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Working...
                              X