US goes to war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US goes to war

Turn on CNN, the shit is hitting the fan....oh well. "C'est la vie, toujours parchive"
    All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

WHat is being said on CNN is not about the US going to war
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Well they've stated their case very clearly, Britain seems to support them, I don't think there can be any question about not going at this point....
      All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

Well, I just tuned in, Ivanov's speaking now.
        Wasn't it supposed to be about Powel presenting evidence in the security council ?

Comment

That's over and done with. Now they're discussing his evidence.

- Gurm
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          If only life were as easy as you
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          I would still get screwed

Comment

He finished about 45 minutes ago.

BTW: it's not just the US now. All but four of the EU nations joining in on that letter of support issued last week which is now including all the "Vilnius Group". Also supportive are Jordan, Turkey and a load of Iraq's very nervous neighbors.

What I found entertaining were those European countries who were mad that they weren't invited to sign the original letter when it was being passed around (Ireland for one)

The only EU holdouts I'm aware of are France, Germany, Luxembourg and Belgium. My bet is France will do their usual flip/flop in a week or two....or less.

Dr. Mordrid
            Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 5 February 2003, 10:52.
            Dr. Mordrid
            ----------------------------
            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

The only EU holdouts I'm aware of are France, Germany, Luxembourg and Belgium. My bet is France will do their usual flip/flop in a week or two....or less.
              ... and most likely austria: a) still neutral b) no government to decide about topics like that.

mfg
              wulfman
              "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
              "Lobsters?"
              "Really? I didn't know they did that."
              "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

What would Austria do anyhow, throw gold coins at 'em?

Dr. Mordrid
                Dr. Mordrid
                ----------------------------
                An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid

Dr. Mordrid
                  maybe we could hit some bunkers with our saab draken. 10 draken, 10 bunkers.

mfg
                  wulfman
                  "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
                  "Lobsters?"
                  "Really? I didn't know they did that."
                  "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

Dr. Mordrid
                    In which case: I DECLARE WAR ON AUSTRIA!!!
                    Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

France and Germany have some pretty serious $ ties to Saddam anyway - big, lucrative deals for oil. No wonder they're defending it.

On the other hand, Jordan also has a lot to lose, and they're still supporting.

And lecter, we most certainly haven't gone to war. You'll know when we do, because a couple dozen places in Iraq will explode at once.
                      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Yeah, it won't be hard to tell when we've gone to war.

'Course, I'm still waiting for the first real next-generation conflict.

You know, the kind where the satellite net goes dead for a few minutes and when it comes back on there are craters.

- Gurm
                        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                        I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
                          On the other hand, Jordan also has a lot to lose, and they're still supporting.
                          I've heard we threw 130 million in aid to Jordan to twist their arm...nothing wrong with armtwisting
                          Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

The only EU holdouts I'm aware of are France, Germany...
                            France and Germany are the EU...
                            Last edited by Novdid; 5 February 2003, 15:20.

Comment

I've got to agree with Novdid

The Spanish goverment is backing the US but the population is not and from my friends around the EU the situation is similar.
                              So declaring war on IRAQ will not be an easy decission for any EU country.

My hope is that will not be war on IRAQ. I'm not a terrorist but quoting Susan Sarandon : "What have Iraq make to us?"

@Wombat : The same can be said about the US, or you're going to tell me that Iraq's oil have nothing to see with this war?
                              I could say too that the US (the Bush family in particular) had lots of $ from some of the biggest economical supporters of Al-qaeda. I'm still wondering what destroyed the Pentagon on 9-11, they said it was a plane but no evidence of it have been found.

I didn't understood the Afghanistan war and I don't understand the "upcoming" Iraq war. If they can track so easily were they have its "massive destruction" weapons why they don't destroy those factories or better yet, send the inspectors to that factory.

ivan
                              Last edited by drslump; 5 February 2003, 16:23.
                              <font face="verdana, arial, helvetica" size="1" >epox 8RDA+ running an Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1.7Ghz with 2x256mb Crucial PC2700, an Adaptec 1200A IDE-Raid with 2x WD 7200rpm 40Gb striped + a 120Gb and a 20Gb Seagate, 2x 17" LG Flatron 775FT, a Cordless Logitech Trackman wheel and a <b>banding enhanced</b> Matrox Parhelia 128 retail shining thru a Koolance PC601-Blue case window<br>and for God's sake pay my <a href="http://www.drslump.biz">site</a> a visit!</font>

Comment

Working...
                              X