No announcement yet.

Acrane (netflix)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We finished the Three Body Problem... my wife was pleasantly surprised how well it followed the book and even improved on it (esp. the group of friends-scientists). A few things she claims were better in the books, but in general she likes the adaptation. I hadn't read the books and also liked the series very much: very well made (some special effects are a bit worse, but the story and acting more than compensate). I caught a few illogical things that my wife claims were better resolved in the book (e.g. taking the one guy on a modern plane after the assassination attempt - that was very prone an attack as was shown later; in the book they used an old military plane without computers), but nothing that really took away from the story.
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

So how far is the series compared to the books? Just the first? More than both?
      Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
      [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

(there may be spoilers here)

She says the first season more or less covers the first two books while taking a few liberties that are actually nicer and make more sense; as well as a few changes that are slightly weaker (and a few of which the impact is unclear: e.g. 3 wallfacers vs. 5 in the book).

However, the whole storyline involving Will and the launch does not occur in the first two books - my wife says she has some idea of where it is going (extrapolating from the first two books). There some aspects of this storyline in the first two books, so she suspects this to be part of the third book.
        Last edited by VJ; 29 April 2024, 09:05.
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Thanks. I believe there are just three books (not like a five part trilogy I'm afraid) so there'll just be a S2 I guess.

Meanwhile, we're watching Undone (Amzamon). I was sceptical but I really like it. It is fresh. I can recommend halfway in E5.
          Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
          [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Working...
          X