This weeks dumb people ringing the helpdesk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SitFlyer
    We have a few guys at work that can jam a production line just by being near it.
    Blackadder: "If you want something done, first kill Boldrik!"
    My favorite.
    Last edited by gpremec; 29 July 2003, 05:46.
    <font size="1" color="green">Holly: "Appreciate what vou've got, because basically, I'm fantastic!"</font>

Comment

Originally posted by SitFlyer
      We have a few guys at work that can jam a production line just by being near it.
      Thats just your supervisor.
      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Dumb User: I can't access my student records the password doesn't work.

Helpdesk: Have you syncronised your passwords as it tells you to do if your password doesn't work.

Dumb User: No.

The link is striaght below where you enter your password.
        Last edited by The PIT; 30 July 2003, 23:36.
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Well, I work for Sun, through an outsourcer. We monitor Sun servers worldwide, diagnose errors through syslog and other means (Sun s/w), and fire out an email or call the customer if it's critical. Perhaps the below is not a confidence booster for me working there

Often, when you click "Email customer", the addresses are automatically populated - but some customers have special instructions regarding who we email for certain systems/errors etc. Of note is one UK customer, and whoever set up the auto-populated address, picked a valid format for email addresses, but obviously wrong so that people would really check that address.

It auto-populates with... "na@na.com"

Know what's coming? Yes, we have one guy at the moment who has still to learn that na@na.com is a dummy address...

As an aside, anyone work for a company whose servers are monitored by HiTrack/SRS/NetConnect? That's the kind of muppets that monitor it!
          Meet Jasmine.
          flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Judging by the faces on the afternoon shift a few dumb users rang up haven't got any details of good ones though.

We've got one user who rings up nearly every year and the conversation is always the same.
            He cannot print all the pictures in a word doc due to lack of memory. The pictures are too large but he can't understand that 500k jpg can expand into a nice large file. After four or five phone calls we convince him that he has to reduce the size of the photos and the problem goes away until next year.
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
            X