Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barcelona is great also...

Comment

I like Canada too.. moved here from Denmark back 9 years ago.. move to woodbridge if you want to hang out with more Italians
      We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Originally posted by Drizzt
        Dunno if you were referring to something good or bad, but if I'd have to take a 3 hours long lunch...I'd strangulate me with a rope of spaghetti long before the end of the lunch.
        1, Something very GOOD.

2, Wana bet?

chuck
        Chuck
        秋音的爸爸

Comment

Originally posted by tjalfe
          I like Canada too.. moved here from Denmark back 9 years ago.. move to woodbridge if you want to hang out with more Italians
          So do you like Canada more than Denmark? We have a travelogue tape with Denmark on it which we use as an HDTV demo .. looks like it's beautiful there, and the people seem very friendly. Taxes might be a bit high though..

Comment

I like Berlin.. If you don't like posers, NEVER go to Bielefeld

AZ
            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Originally posted by Drizzt
              I'm not searching for paradise, I'm searching for real people.
              Bah! Get a Botox treatment and move to California. It pretty darn close to paradise and we aren't burdened by "real people".

Once you're settled, you can marry Carmen Electra, do lunch with Jay Leno, and run for governor.

Paul

Comment

Many people get fed up with there own brand of humans sooner or later. All the layers of society, traditions, suppression, what-have-you.

On the other hand, most people don't want anything else 'cause it's too threatening. They feel secure and can identify with something they know.

Sooner or later you are going to get fed up anywhere in the world if you are expecting other people to give you a life. Killing yourself won't help either 'cause you are just going to get born again with the same problem.

You need your life and continued self renewal.

Yeah, that looks hopeless when you see and do the same old crap everyday. So what do you do?

Get on your bike and get the F outa there for at least a month. Leave Italy in Italy. Blow out all that stale air and get some fresh air. Shake all that crap out of your head 'til you can see things differently, 'til you can see things around you with interest.

Give yourself time and space. There's no rush.

Only then think about what you might want.
                Last edited by mutz; 4 August 2003, 10:34.
                How can you possibly take anything seriously?
                Who cares?

Comment

if you want real people, come to Montreal. maybe they aren't the friendliest people in the world, but at least they'll tell it like it is.

Plus, you'll never be bored and you'll have a great mix of warm summers and snowy winters.

Don't forget Montreal women. wow.
                  OFFICIAL EX- EMPLOYEE

<font size="1">"So now I'm dreaming<br>For myself I'm understanding <br>Performing there, one hundred thousand fans would gather one and all <br>And so decided, we could rule it all if we should <br>Dance all away across the greatest city in the nether world..."<p>- Central Park 09/24/03</font>

Comment

Hi Paul!

Originally posted by paulcs
                    Once you're settled, you can marry Carmen Electra, do lunch with Jay Leno, and run for governor.
                    LOL
                    Well Carmen is only 3 years older then me, so that's ok.

I'll take a close look on San Francisco in mid october (if everything works out as expected).
                    Do you know any hotel that's not to expensive and worth to check in (and not to far away from the interresting places)?

At the end of the week (18/19.11) I'll move to "Doubletree Hotel San Francisco Airport" (http://www.doubletree.com/en/dt/hote...tyhocn=SFOAODT), because there is a conference taking place.
                    The hotel looks nice, but I think it's to far away from the places I want to visit.

I would be nice to get around a rental car, but I think the public transport should do it, even from the Doubletree Hotel.
                    cu/2 magog - Germany - flying with OS/2 Warp speed...in a vehicle named eComStation (eCS)
                    ---
                    Author of the Java Movie Database - http://www.jmdb.de
                    JMDB v1.35 FINAL is available (2007-09-20)
                    Homepage: http://www.juergen-ulbts.de/

Comment

Originally posted by magog
                      Do you know any hotel that's not to expensive and worth to check in (and not to far away from the interresting places)?
                      Hey, Liz.. what was the name of that hotel you stayed at in the bay area?

Comment

@ KvH - LOL!
                        How can you possibly take anything seriously?
                        Who cares?

Comment

Originally posted by magog
                          I'll take a close look on San Francisco in mid october (if everything works out as expected).

At the end of the week (18/19.11) I'll move to "Doubletree Hotel San Francisco Airport" (http://www.doubletree.com/en/dt/hote...tyhocn=SFOAODT), because there is a conference taking place.
                          The hotel looks nice, but I think it's to far away from the places I want to visit.

I would be nice to get around a rental car, but I think the public transport should do it, even from the Doubletree Hotel.
                          San Francisco Airport, technically, is not in San Francisco. It's further down the pennisula in a spot that happens to be even foggier than San Francisco. Possibly, the hotel has a shuttle to BART's new SFO extension. That would get you downtown very quickly. Once you're downtown, you can get just about anywhere using public transportation:

San Francisco's network of fuel-efficient Muni buses, light rail Metro trains, historic streetcars and iconic cable cars covers all corners of the city. Affordable, safe, convenient and environmentally friendly, choose Muni for your commutes and adventures. 

San Francisco is probably the most expensive city in the United States. There aren't a lot of reasonably priced hotels in reasonable neighborhoods. I'll ask around.

Paul

Comment

You could try hotels.com or Priceline.com for a better price.

Comment

New Zealand, although hard to move to (due to fairly strict immigration rules), is pretty close to paradise.

Gpar_
                              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                              If only life were as easy as you
                              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                              If only life were as easy as you
                              I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by ex-SalesSoup
                                Don't forget Montreal women. wow.

That's for damn sure.
                                #1 DRILL SERGEANT PICK-UP LINE

"You make me hornier before 9 AM than most
                                people do all day!"