No announcement yet.

Suggestions required: a new nation for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As of late I'm catching SkyNews and boy do those guys like to talk/hint about weather.

Morning started... can't say cloudy, though it was a sort of bright white-grey sky with no sun showing. Right now it's close to 30C, a bit of wind blowing and sun made it through.

Think we're in the wrong thread

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral
      As of late I'm catching SkyNews and boy do those guys like to talk/hint about weather.

Morning started... can't say cloudy, though it was a sort of bright white-grey sky with no sun showing. Right now it's close to 30C, a bit of wind blowing and sun made it through.

Think we're in the wrong thread
      Yeah.

Someone tell me more about Denmark. What are the nicer places to live? Are the islands or the peninsula best?

Comment

I'm not a country man, so I would say Copenhagen is the best place to live in Denmark. But then again it's such a small country that it won't matter much were you live. Keep in mind I'm not a dane, but I live in Skåne which is as close to Denmark you can get.

BTW drizzt, if you want to live some place else then maybe Stockholm is were you should take your aim. Stockholmers love their city extremely much, I would say even more than New Yorkers love theirs. It's almost freaky.

Comment

Shirley with the bridge you could just live in Milmao and see much cheaper property prices?
          DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Very true.

BTW it's Malmö/Malmoe, just so there's no confusion.

Comment

Nice, but,
              1.- If you’re living in Denmark you can buy and import only 2 (two) litter cheaper alcoholics in e.g. from Germany to Denmark.
              2.-If you are living in Malmö/Malmoe you can buy & import 5 (five) litter of the same things from the same country to Sweden. But you must fly or jump over Denmark.
              3.-If you try 2.- and you drive a car through Denmark to Malmoe you must leave 3 litter to the Danish custom and you can keep only 2 litter for yourself. Wired.
              4.-You can live in Malmoe, buy 5 litter alcoholic in Germany, leave 3 litter in Denmark and enjoy the Danish nature, from the other site of "The Bridge".

Note: I can see Denmark, the peninsula, from my windows (not 98 ) but we have no bridges, just the ferry-boat...
              South-Sweden:

( Click on the thumb to enlarge.)

Fred H
              Last edited by Fred H; 7 August 2003, 17:11.
              It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
              ------------------------------------------------

Comment

hmm...

Canada is a great country to live in IMO.

People here are very nice and real. Don't forget the health care too... we have great health coverage here!

Comment

what ever you do do NOT head to lebanon..... it is the coutry that invented and exported fake people.... and animals too..... every thing here is about apearance... including religion.... and you wont find any jobs here... unless you are willing to be a crook........

i too am looking for a way out... cheers and good luck
                  "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
                    Yeah.

Someone tell me more about Denmark. What are the nicer places to live? Are the islands or the peninsula best?
                    I'd say the places where they keep the blondes are best!

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Fred H

Note: I can see Denmark, the peninsula, from my windows (not 98 ) but we have no bridges, just the ferry-boat...
                      South-Sweden:
                      Fred H
                      from my map, there is ~100KM from Halland to Jylland... you have quite the eye sight

If you decide on Denmark, I would probably suggest somewhere around Copenhagen also.. I lived in Bagsvaerd, a suburb of Copenhagen.. it was nice enough, but more as a place to raise a family, not a place for younger people without "baggage"... not sure how this suits your situation...

For moving to Denmark, try it out first.. go on vacation.. get the facts about living expenses versus pay
                      We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Originally posted by Fred H
                        Nice, but,
                        1.- If you’re living in Denmark you can buy and import only 2 (two) litter cheaper alcoholics in e.g. from Germany to Denmark.
                        2.-If you are living in Malmö/Malmoe you can buy & import 5 (five) litter of the same things from the same country to Sweden. But you must fly or jump over Denmark.
                        3.-If you try 2.- and you drive a car through Denmark to Malmoe you must leave 3 litter to the Danish custom and you can keep only 2 litter for yourself. Wired.
                        4.-You can live in Malmoe, buy 5 litter alcoholic in Germany, leave 3 litter in Denmark and enjoy the Danish nature, from the other site of "The Bridge".

Fred H
                        Just a guess.. you might be a heavier drinker than I am..

I have two bottles of Scotch that I bought two Christmasses ago that are still mostly full, and a big bottle of rum that is fuller and older. Is there a huge price advantage to buying things in Germany? I know there is a luxury tax there in Denmark..

BTW, Isn't there a ferry from Rügen directly to Sweden? Seems like a better way to get to Malmö with all that liquor..

Comment

Lol all.

I cant belive that the pivotal point about living in Denmark vs. Malmø, is the customs limit on alcohol
                          Nevermind then, after 1/1 2004, You may import as much as You can carry (It say 10 liters pure alcohol).

I live In Aarhus, witch is smack in the middle of the mainland, at the bay of Aarhus.
                          Aarhus is defined as the smallest large city in the world, and this gives it a sort of cozy metropolitan atmosphere. About 1/6 of the population is attending one of the higher educational institutions, be that the university, the school of business, the school of engieering, the chool of journalism or (the best one) the medical school of nursing

I have travelled over most of europe (I have been in every european capital), and I still find the highest density of pretty people back home, here in Aarhus (although Copenhagen and Oslo isnt far behind).

I like the easy acces to nature and ocean that we have, here in Aarhus. Within a 3 minutes walk, I have downtown Aarhus, I have the habour, with its old wodden ships and yachting bassins, I have the beach and the water, and a nice open forrest (mostly Oak and European Beech).

What more can I say? Pop by for a visit, see for Your self.

~~DukeP~~

Comment

Just a guess.. you might be a heavier drinker than I am..
                            No-no, my friend do, maybe
                            But, I’m smiling for the crazy rules in different countries, so closed to each other, and more: they are both members in the EU.
                            from my map, there is ~100KM from Halland to Jylland... you have quite the eye sight
                            I should have, but I am too old... As you can see, there is nothing between Halland and Jylland, just water… so I should see the other side, but I am just satisfied to look around in the nearest environment.

And, hey, make the move to a better country to live in. I did it, from the other side of the “Iron Curtain” and I am not disappointed.
                            Fred H
                            It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
                            ------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by mutz
                              BTW, where's Drizzt?
                              Sit.

This is my last message, for now. If I can solve the problems, I'll be back soon.
                              Otherwise, I'll wait for you all

(side note: I feel really relaxed and comfortable with my choices. I'm really satisfied with everything I've done and choosen in those years. No complaints for what I've been, for I was not the source but the victim. So, if I'll ever decide to go, it will be with peace in the hearth. Please, don't feel bad for me, ever.)
                              Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

Comment

Ahem

Well Drizzt, hope you get it all figured out. If you do, you will find that the negatives in life are worth none of your grief. Think of the positives and have faith.

Comment

Working...
                                X