Ninja Gaiden Hurrican Pack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ninja Gaiden Hurrican Pack

So who's been playing? And what do you think of the changes?

Me likey lunar level 2. Still learning how to use it. Level 3 must be the bomb!

(not sure if this should be in the gen hardware/software forum. mods please move if required)
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Gonna get the pack as soon as I get Live.

Always thought NG was too easy...

J1NG

Comment

Originally posted by J1NG
      Always thought NG was too easy...
      Well I know you're joking but I have to say that I thought NG was tough but well balanced and fair.

People are saying that the difficulty of the hurrican pack falls somewhere between the 'hard' and 'very hard' modes. So far, what I really like about it is that many of the enemies have changed and you need to change your strategy to compensate. It took me a reallly long time to finish level 1 with the hurrican pack. Without it, I can often finish level 1 without having to take any extra health.

Right now, my toughest opponents are the new cat fiends. They replaced the black ninjas that attack in groups (like at the clock tower). They're really fast. I've only been able to beat them with ninpo.

You should get live.

Comment

Bwahahaha! I love the new difficulty!

Damn the prices for the items!

J1NG

Comment

I wish I had more time to play. Whenever I do get a chance, the cat's kill me pretty quick! Fully upgraded, the wooden sword would probably be sweet with them; knock them back about half a block!

Don't know if I'm going to have time to finish the game before the tournament closes so that I can post a score. Oh well. I'd never come close enough to winning but it would be nice to get a t-shirt.

Comment

Uh, concludes on Aug 30th. Some 10 days. Why not? I'm already on Stage 4.

J1NG

Comment

I'm in the Monastey (the dino fiends are a breeze with the lunar!) and that's where I'll stay for the time being; no time to play.

Comment

Only three days to go and in 61st place out of 1050 odd. Wonder if I'll get that wristband?

1st in UK though.

J1NG

Comment

And 8th in Europe at time of posting. Not that I get anything of course being that.

Oh, and the Luna doesn't appear to get much better at Level 3. Seems very much the same to me. (Personally)

J1NG

Comment

Yeah, I'm using the dragon sword more and more. And the flails when I need to make some cash. I've got the unlaboured flawless and it's awesome but it's too slow for my play style.

I'm stuck at level 10 now. The triceratops dudes are kicking my butt. It's really a camera problem; I can't see what I'm doing. I hear that there's a 60 triceratops fiend challenge after you kill Doku the first time and I don't know how I'm going to manage that with my current weapons. Actually, I read that the true dragon sword can kill them with a single, double ultimate technique. I hope so. That fight is going to be ugly.

I could always run past them and grab the sword but it feels cheap. I feel like I should be able to kill these guys. I'm pretty good at the game. What was your strategy?

Comment

Get the Unlaboured Flawlessness, get it glowing and six to seven(maximum) hits on those monsters will end them. Jump and hit xxxx, or xxxy. Intercept, or roll, then repeat.

Yeah, neither new or old camera helps. Quite a bit of luck involved when fighting them.

And, no, the Ultimate Technique of the True Dragon Sword will not kill them in one. You will have to execute that twice. Use UF, or you're gonna get splattered.

Wheee! Final shot of the ranks have me as 74! Gonna get those NG Wrist bands worth $5. (Dropped 13 places in three days).

J1NG

Comment

I've not been able to master the intercept technique. People seeme to rave abouit it. Occasionally, I'll block at exactly the same times as an attack is about to land and there's like a white smoke effect but it happens too fast for me to dial in an attack. Maybe I'm not as good at this game as I thought...

Congrats on your rank!

Comment

<what the hell are you talking about?>
                          According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

schmosef:

For the intercept, I found that it was best using the Dragon Sword. All the other weapons seemed too slow to use it properly.

As soon as you block (anticipate their attacks, some are notoriously easy to spot, like the changed humans from chapter 11 onwards), hit the y or x button. I prefer the x button, as it's quicker. Then follow through with the Izuna Otoshi if you've bought it, otherwise, just continue in the air normally slashing away.

By the way, you can't intercept throw type moves.

Guru:

Ninja Gaiden. Old 80's game. Recently re-made for the X-Box. Had a tournament held. You needed to get a high score and post it onto X-Box live (service). Top 100 scores get a prize, etc.

Came in 74th in the latest one.

J1NG

Comment

Out of curiosity, what was your score?

Comment

Working...
                              X