No announcement yet.

Ninja Gaiden Hurrican Pack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R-Type Final and Zone of Enders 2 are two enjoyable PS2 games.

If you ever get the chance to play on a gamecube, first thing you must play is Metroid Prime!
    Main Machine: Intel Q6600@3.33, Abit IP-35 E, 4 x Geil 2048MB PC2-6400-CL4, Asus Geforce 8800GTS 512MB@700/2100, 150GB WD Raptor, Highpoint RR2640, 3x Seagate LP 1.5TB (RAID5), NEC-3500 DVD+/-R(W), Antec SLK3700BQE case, BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 530W

Comment

R type has been a favourite of mine since the PCE/TG16 days! And I absolutely love Mech games so I really want to try ZOE2.

I heard that Metroid Prime has possibly the best presentation/menu system of all time. But I also heard that there's an obvious control problem. I can't remember what it is. Something about targetting or not having dual stick controls. Don't remember now.
      P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Cool!

I am on chapter 12 now! The game is actually pretty challangeing (although I did beat goku with no potions/nipo)
        The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Doku? Or is he named differently in the Euro version?

IIRC, the second time you face Doku is easier than the first. For a tough battle, just wait until you get to the last boss fight! You'll find out who the puppet master is that's been pulling all the strings.

What do you think J1NG? If he doesn't have full potions and ninpo for that battle, he'll be creamed!
          Last edited by schmosef; 20 September 2004, 08:24.

Comment

Originally posted by schmosef
            R type has been a favourite of mine since the PCE/TG16 days! And I absolutely love Mech games so I really want to try ZOE2.

I heard that Metroid Prime has possibly the best presentation/menu system of all time. But I also heard that there's an obvious control problem. I can't remember what it is. Something about targetting or not having dual stick controls. Don't remember now.
            ZOE2 is excellent, though short, finished in a little under six hours with nice anime cutscenes that comes to total of about 7+ hours...

Metroid does indeed not have dual stick controls, well you use the second stick, but for weapon select, it's differen, but after an hour of playing you get used to it, been playing for 14 hours now and i'm at 41%!!! Hope i finish it before Metroid Prime 2 is released...
            Main Machine: Intel Q6600@3.33, Abit IP-35 E, 4 x Geil 2048MB PC2-6400-CL4, Asus Geforce 8800GTS 512MB@700/2100, 150GB WD Raptor, Highpoint RR2640, 3x Seagate LP 1.5TB (RAID5), NEC-3500 DVD+/-R(W), Antec SLK3700BQE case, BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 530W

Comment

Doku? Or is he named differently in the Euro version?

IIRC, the second time you face Doku is easier than the first. For a tough battle, just wait until you get to the last boss fight! You'll find out who the puppet master is that's been pulling all the strings.

What do you think J1NG? If he doesn't have full potions and ninpo for that battle, he'll be creamed!
              Yeah it's Doku

I beat him with the unlaboured flawlessness although I could have done it with any other as he didn't't hit me once. I am now stuck at the anoying platform puzzle bit. It's a good game and I am slightly dissapointed that I am unable to play the Hurricane Pack
              The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

I've got a dreamcast and I just found my old super nintendo when I was cleaning up. There's a lot of PS2 game series I'd like to try like Jak, Ratchet & Clank, Maximo, ico, devil may cry, etc. I may pick one up during the holiday season or I might just wait until the PS3 is out because it's likely going to be backwards compatible.
                They're also releasing a smaller sized PS2 in november: *click*

Comment

finally completed this awesome game!

The last three bosses weren't that difficult. I beat the first one every try but I didn't have any arrows for the second one

I went back to the shop and got fully stocked up on everything and then beat him first go. The final boss was fairly straightforward too... I spent a good half hour trying to get out of the cave at the end though! I'd like to replay it on a higher difficulty but it's got to come off so I can play Burnout3

Cheers for the tips! The True Dragon Sword ruled!

Comment

Ninja Gaiden Hurrican Pack
                    everytime I read the title of this thread I think of Florida
                    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

HPII is out now according to gamespot. My access to Live is cut until I reconfigure my WiFi bridge so I can't confirm this. Good luck in this round J1NG. I'm going for a Dog Ninja t-shirt!

Comment

No sweat. If you got the skill and patience, no nimpo or potions is completely doable. Although you'd probably wish you had them.

Bah, although I'm in the top 100 in HPI, I'm not in the US or Canada, so I don't get anything....

Not gonna in HPII either, but I'm gonna enjoy this fight fest.

Level UP!
                        <----

J1NG
                        MURC's Modern Super Monk

Comment

I haven't had a chance to play yet. Might not until this weekend.

Comment

Smo,
                            you really need a new av,
                            there's something really disturbing about yours
                            kinda brings visions of hippo pron for some reason
                            Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Every time I look at my av I get a chuckle.

I'm looking at it now and I'm laughing so hard I'm about fall out of my chair.

I think I'll keep it for the time being unless Sasq or another mod raises a concern. I'm not trying to offend anyone.
                              Last edited by schmosef; 29 September 2004, 18:03.

Comment

with the av!

Comment

Working...
                                X