WOW, Now this is a BIG truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DGhost

the one I was thinking of is the M2/M3 Bradley Fighting Vehicle. 33 tons, governs at about 40MPH (personal experience) although I have heard of it breaking 50MPH without the governer. oh yeah, and they are a total bitch to maintain. the upside to that is that it could run over an H2 in a head on collision without any problems. kinda gives me warm and fuzzies to think about
    Yeah, they'll run over H2's and a number of them. I was talking to a guy who served in Fallujah and other places. He has his driver go over a number of car "blockades" and through two houses. No problem.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
      There's one of those rolling around Denver.
      You see them all over Vegas too.
      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
        Yeah, they'll run over H2's and a number of them. I was talking to a guy who served in Fallujah and other places. He has his driver go over a number of car "blockades" and through two houses. No problem.
        sounds about right. the guys who drove out there reported driving over cars was "like driving over a coke can". one of them had a car run into it at > 60MPH and the crew claimed they hardly felt it hit. I was in the back of one when it got clipped by a passing semi and honestly i didn't notice it.
        "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Originally posted by agallag
          Holy, it's the Canyonero!!

Seriously though, if people need these things, great. If you're hauling 6 tons of stuff on a regular basis (like more than a few times per week) then sure, go pick one up. Otherwise, get off my highway!
          She's a squirrel-squashin', deer-smackin' drivin' machine! Canyonero.....
          Titanium is the new bling!
          (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Originally posted by Helevitia
            And you still seem to be missing the good of a truck. You can pick-up appliances from the store without having to pay a delivery fee. You can go to the local lumber store and get the items needed to build something, You can get through the snow without having to worry about killing yourself, you can tow jetskis and boats to the lake, etc... It's now about towing a broken down car, although that would come in handy too
            Point taken. I guess one's needs differs from others.

Comment

Synchronicity

chuck
              Last edited by cjolley; 20 September 2004, 07:34.
              Chuck
              秋音的爸爸

Comment

awww HELL YEAH.

gonna take that back into work with me. If I had a printer handy, I would post that in our platoon office. shit, I might do that anyways...
                "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Now that is cool! I am not try to offend, but don't Europeans have camping trailers? and if so, how do you pull them?

A truck is a great way to get the 27' trailer to the lake.
                  "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Ours here are not quite as big as yours, so an ordinary car (a car, not a Fiat!) suffices.

AZ
                    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Re: WOW, Now this is a BIG truck

I would buy this if I had the money(for gas).

http://money.cnn.com/2004/09/13/pf/a...ex.htm?cnn=yes
                      It's kinda ugly.

Comment

The Americans need another oil crises to start making cars and trunks smaller again including smaller engines

Man.... what a waist of metal!!!! (in my opinion)

I would buy this if I had the money(for gas).

http://money.cnn.com/2004/09/13/pf/...dex.htm?cnn=yes

Comment

I do think it is uncessesary.
                          I am sure there are people out there with legitimate uses for these things, but the number of spotless 4x4s that I pass each day makes me roll my eyes (and being in the valleys of south wales here it DOES get hilly and snowy). I think Novdid hit it on the head. 'Americans' drive big cars because petroleum is cheaper there. My 1.2L car is by no means the fastest car out there but I can do the speed limit as well as anyone. I dunno... not wanting to start a flame war, but I do think people should be more responsible with the way they consume fuel.

It does look funky though
                          The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

That's not a big truck... this is. Wonder how much the Lib Dem's would tax this in London. And it does up to 60 km/h
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Fluff; 21 September 2004, 12:30.

Comment

@Fluff:
                              The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

This is starting to look like an episode of "Monster Machines".
                                <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Working...
                                X