No announcement yet.

Hey up it's snowing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blimey it's still here temperatures didn't get high as they forecast. 5C too 6C atual max 2.2C.

Should get some pics tomorrow then.

Tricky getting to work this morning pavements in sheet ice and walking down a steep hill with a dodgy back didn't install me with confidence. The only main bus route we got the other is a one an hour service if you're lucky wasn't gritted. A gritting lorry drove along it but didn't bother and that was the worst part of the walk. Slipping all over when I crossed that. Still hasn't been gritted by tonight. Once I got past that it wasn't such a bad walk in.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

There is a big snowstorm predicted to be coming this way... the temp dropped sharply in the last hour, so it might acctually happen...

whoaaa!
      "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

i'm currently jealous of the snow factor..

but it doesnt beat going to the beach today in Nov.
        www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Jealous of snow factor?

If you were Canadian, you would't have said that!

I'm jealous of the beach factor!
          Titanium is the new bling!
          (you heard from me first!)

Comment

the grass is always greener.....

and you sometimes want something more when youve lost it...
            www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Well, it is fun driving in empty parking lots during winter, but man, the beach, oh the beach! Need I explain why the beach is soooo much better than snow?
              Titanium is the new bling!
              (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro
                Jealous of snow factor?

If you were Canadian, you would't have said that!

I'm jealous of the beach factor!
                I'm Canadian and I love the snow. Can't ski or snowboard without it. I'm not much of a summer person. I spent that week in the Dominican a couple of weeks back, and I'm beached out for at least a year.

Bring on the snow!!
                Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Well one good thing about snow is you rarely step on a Portuguese man o war while walking barefoot on it.

Comment

I like snow more - it would be optimal to have beautiful, scantily clad chicks and a sauna inside, and snow outside

AZ
                    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Then again, I'm all for variation. It's good that there are seasons

AZ

Comment

It's snowing here. The weekend should be 25-35F. Possible 4" tonight if it sticks.
                        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

-12C where I live and 7 inches of snow
                          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

The snow hardly stuck here, maybe it will later today :/
                            "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

We had a few cms of snow this morning, but there was much more higher up the valleys.
                              The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Man, something is wrong with me. When paddy wrote cms I wondered "What have content management systems to do with snow?"

AZ

Comment

Working...
                                X