Schmosef's new car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by schmosef
    I've personally had very bad service with several Chrysler dealerships in Toronto and have been told bad things by friends with Fords and GMs.

I've added it to my list of cars to test drive though.
    Yeah I believe thats why most people dont like domestic cars...dealerships..
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Oh c'mon KvH! I've got thicker skin than that. I knew you were teasing. I was teasing you right back!
      P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Originally posted by GT98
        Yeah I believe thats why most people dont like domestic cars...dealerships..
        A few years ago I heard a rumour that the situation was so bad that one of the three makers was considering cancelling all their dealer partnerships and opening their own showrooms so that they could sell direct and have more control over sales, customer service, and mechanic certification.

I guess nothing came of that idea... Too bad.

Comment

Why not a Jeep Wrangler? those are awesome, and easily upgradable! You can get a snorkel, fat wheels, man Jeep's are awesome.
          Titanium is the new bling!
          (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Jeeps are Chrysler. I'll NEVER buy a Chrysler again because of the incredibly bad service I've received over the years from Toronto dealers.

Comment

Originally posted by schmosef
              Jeeps are Chrysler. I'll NEVER buy a Chrysler again because of the incredibly bad service I've received over the years from Toronto dealers.
              Fair enough.

Nissan's gotta good line up though. Why not an Xterra?
              Last edited by ZokesPro; 28 August 2005, 19:37.
              Titanium is the new bling!
              (you heard from me first!)

Comment

I would like to get a Toyota Tundra. My dad's had a Camry for a few years and the thing is great. If you can't afford an Audi or BMW, Toyota is the next best thing.

Comment

IF you really need a SUV, why not go for Nissan Pathfinder (replacing the Terrano) ?
                  "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

<--------------- *ahemz...*

bet they could make it with 4WD if you ask nicely!
                    Last edited by GuchiGuh; 29 August 2005, 02:12.

Comment

If this coming winter is bad, crude oil will be at $100/bbl or near. Before the end of this decade, it'll probably touch $200/bbl. I seriously suggest a Prius. Maybe less macho, but the cost/km will be far less than "any of above" and the more fuel prices rise, the happier you will be.

I test drove an RAV4 against a Honda CR-V a few years ago. The Honda won hands down, comfort, handling, acceleration, space, noise and, above all, road holding. Just compare the two going round a traffic roundabout (circle): the Toyota's understeer felt like it would topple the whole car over as you had to fight it round with the tyres starting to squeal. The Honda was much more neutral and at least 10 km/h faster before you felt it was getting out of control. I also liked the automatic 4WD system of the Honda, which kicks in as soon as one wheel loses grip; it was impressive going up a 25% gradient of muddy track. The RAV stuck half-way up. It is not even a half-roader.

I say this as a very satisfied Toyota owner (14 of them) from 1968 to 1998, the last three being Camrys. I bought the Honda CR-V when I came out here (many dirt roads at the time).
                      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis
                        If this coming winter is bad, crude oil will be at $100/bbl or near. Before the end of this decade, it'll probably touch $200/bbl. I seriously suggest a Prius. Maybe less macho, but the cost/km will be far less than "any of above" and the more fuel prices rise, the happier you will be.

Brian,

A Prius is an overpriced POS. You can get better gas mileage out of smaller car without the markup that Hybrid entails. Most hybrids don't even get close their EPA rated MPG, due to the differences in realworld vs. testing done by the EPA.

Also if crude gets anywhere near the levels your talking about, I think we'll have to worry to worry about then how much gas goes for. Can you say third world war?
                        Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

The Prius is definitely the most economical car for urban motoring, in real life. A Golf TDI may be more economical for highway motoring, if you can fit yourself in one, but that is a small car against a mid-sized one.

I have a friend who lives in MD who commutes to Washington DC in his Prius. Outside the Beltway he averages about 47 mpg but inside it, where it is pretty slow start-stop traffic when he commutes and represents 80% of his commute time, he averages about 63 mpg. I know of no other car that would come anywhere near that. If I could get one, I would.
                          Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

I would rather own a used Volvo or BMW than any of the new cars listed in this thread. Seriously.

Consider a certified pre-owned Volvo Cross-Country. It'll be $10k cheaper, and have a good warranty. And, unlike any of the vehicles discussed thus far, it'll go 300,000 miles before needing an engine overhaul. Maybe more.

The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                            If only life were as easy as you
                            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                            If only life were as easy as you
                            I would still get screwed

Comment

And used Volvo or BMW looks nice, while this cars...I don't know, am I the only one who doesn't like "christmass tree" look? :/ (note: you might not understand the name, it comes from style of christmass trees popular in here...). From all the SUVs listed in the thread only the Ford is OK IMHO...old RAV4 was also...

@Brian: Golf...small? O_o
                              Have you tried Lupo?
                              It's very possible that TDI version is more economical than Prius in urban motoring!

Hmm...it might be good for schmosef, too, with a trailer for carrying cargo

Comment

Instead of a prius (which does have a largish price marking) you might consider an Audi. They too have awsome mileage (at least the TDI versions) but they cost a good deal less.

~~DukeP~~

Comment

Working...
                                X