Galactica Season 2.5, finally!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by schmosef
    An important point not to be overlooked is that the Cylon in Baltar's head wasn't able to warn the Cylons in space about the divide and conquer plan of the humans.

She knew it was happening at the time because she was upset about it.

Unless the writers overlooked something and messed up the mythology, that little observation may help in the long run to understand their relationship better.
    The cylon in Baltar's head most definitely has her own agenda. If her goal were the destruction of the fleet, she could have accomplished it many times already. Clearly she has "other plans" for them.

------------

At any rate, the ENTIRE plan was that the decoy fleet - including Galactica - would "distract" the entire complement of Raiders and Heavy Raiders... thus leaving the BaseStars relatively vulnerable.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Comment

Well if Six knows about Earth, then it's entirely possible she wants them to find it. Thus enabling the Cylons to completely wipe out humanity.
      “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Originally posted by Jesterzwild
        I swear there were two basestars, but in hindsight maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention.
        There might have been... But if there was one of each side of the ressurection ship they could still surprise one, take it out fast and then easily engage #2.
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Ah well it comes on in an hour (rerun) so I'll check. As I remember it they were engaging both basestars at once, with the battlestars in between the two. I'd forgotten about the decoy fleet leading the Cylon raiders away, so it does seem more plausible.

Comment

While we're on little technical implausibilities...

Have you noticed that since they outfitted at Ragnar Anchorage... they haven't needed any more munitions since?

And... am I the only one who noticed that the Pegasus is a newer model Battlestar - and hence networked to hell? Wouldn't they and their Vipers be susceptible to the "cylon viruses"?
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

But iirc, the raiders flashed the virus at the vipers for it to work.....the raiders were chasing the straglers far away from the battle
              Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm

Have you noticed that since they outfitted at Ragnar Anchorage... they haven't needed any more munitions since?

And... am I the only one who noticed that the Pegasus is a newer model Battlestar - and hence networked to hell? Wouldn't they and their Vipers be susceptible to the "cylon viruses"?
                The Pegasus was just about to have a refit, therfore it may not have had the software/virus downloaded.

Breezer
                Everything I say is true apart from that which is not

Comment

An important point not to be overlooked is that the Cylon in Baltar's head wasn't able to warn the Cylons in space about the divide and conquer plan of the humans.

She knew it was happening at the time because she was upset about it.

Unless the writers overlooked something and messed up the mythology, that little observation may help in the long run to understand their relationship better.
                  Did Baltar even know the specifics of the plan? I dont remember seeing him in any of the meetings?
                  Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm

I like this show. But I'm worried that the mythology isn't well formed and that they are intensionally keeping us in the dark because they don't want to write themselves into a corner.

There was a show on ShowTime called Six Feet Under that had a really great plot concept. Unfortunately by the end of the first season they started breaking with their established mythology. I continued to like the show but it became obvious that they were writing "off book" and it died after only two seasons.

I hope the same doesn't happen for BG.
                    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Originally posted by GT98
                      Did Baltar even know the specifics of the plan? I dont remember seeing him in any of the meetings?
                      That's true. As VP he might be in the loop though.

Anyway, the Cylon in his head was quite upset while it was going down. She was going on about what a sin it was to be killing thousands of Cylons, etc.

She wouldn't have known to be upset if he didn't know what was happening.

Funny how she didn't consider it a sin to be killing all those humans.

Comment

That's true. As VP he might be in the loop though.

Anyway, the Cylon in his head was quite upset while it was going down. She was going on about what a sin it was to be killing thousands of Cylons, etc.

She wouldn't have known to be upset if he didn't know what was happening.

Funny how she didn't consider it a sin to be killing all those humans.

You do have a point, but i think she was more upset that he was planning on getting him out of his head and into "Gina"...
                        Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Originally posted by GT98
                          You do have a point, but i think she was more upset that he was planning on getting him out of his head and into "Gina"...
                          Yeah, what was that all about?

I figured he was trying to develop affinity by telling her a story that he already knew she would appreciate.

Kind of like using a guaranteed pickup line.

Comment

Well given they had photos of the Ressurection ship and Baltar had them in hand at one point, it's quite simple to make the assumption that Six would know that an attack would be forthcoming.

I don't think we've seen the last of Six.

Comment

I very much felt that Baltar was telling Gina that story because he KNEW she would react to it, because it was Six's story.

I've been waiting for a while for Baltar to get sick of the smarmy Cylon in his head. I mean there are a thousand copies of her, right? I've been anticipating him going "y'know, I think I'd rather have one of the real copies, thanks" for some time.

Comment

Working...
                              X