Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone interested in my renovation update?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinda like most of the really good Russian rocket engineers went to Lockheed, Boeing, Airbus, NASA, ESA etc.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Carpenter cancelled for 06.00, he could be at 12.00 today, but we are having guests at 18.00. The carpenter also said it is at least 3 hours work (we guess it is closer to a whole day of work), so it was decided to postpone. He will be on 5th... hopefully...
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

AAAAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH

The bed was delivered... Bedframe, bed-bottom (the part on which the mattress is resting) and mattress. Bedframe looks great, mattress was packed nicely, but the bottom part... well it looks like it is not new! It is this electrically adjustable thing, and the transformer and remote clearly shows signs of wear and are scratched and slightly damaged. It was not packed in protective foil, and no user manual (which I know exists) or warranty card were supplied. So we went to complain... To be continued for sure...
        pixar

Comment

Fcol...
          Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
          [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Yes... always something...

Strange reaction in the shop: "ah yes, I know what it is about"
            It is beginning to sound that they have this showroom model they try to shift at full price, and if people don't complain, they manage... Today we should get an answer (but we'll make photos to have proofs and prepare a written, official complaint in case today's answer does not come or is not satisfactory).

edit1:
            response at the phone just now: "A mistake was made, and a new bottom will be delivered next week"
            Just to be sure, we checked and Polish law gives us 2 months to complain over such matters. So we can hold off the written complaint for now.

edit2:
            I did not know fcol... but google helped out.
            Last edited by VJ; 29 October 2012, 07:29.
            pixar

Comment

Where are the pics?

Comment

When kitchen will be finished...
                pixar

Comment

AAAARGGGHHHH

The neighbour above me may have (had?) some water leak... Yesterday, there was water on my bathroom wall, and the new ceiling above that has suffered some water damage. We cleaned it, and are now keeping a good eye to see if / when it happens again. The ceiling would have to be fixed in that location though...
                  pixar

Comment

Carpenter will be on Wednesday, not today...
                    pixar

Comment

I'm afraid that as soon as it will be done you will announce that you are moving to Australia.

Comment

This is getting ridiculous...

The carpenter came yesterday, and started like a whirlwind. Quite chaotic, a bit here, a bit there... He did not have his water level (even though he knew he had to come to straighten things), then refused to see what was not straight and started adjusting different things. Other things he says can not be adjusted because they are a consequence of the floor that is not straight. But the whole kitchen cabinet is on adjustable feet, so what gives? After 3 hours, his phone started ringing and it turns out his wife was waiting in the car the whole time. Of course he cannot focus on his work that way. She started calling every minute, so he had to leave.
                        The doors for the cabinet in the bathroom were poorly measured and don't close, so they will have to be redone. The cabinet in the bathroom has lacquer faults and will be redone. He will come back to fix more things in the kitchen, next week... but I'm really worried that he might end up making things worse. Luckily, my girlfriends mother, who up to yesterday still was convinced he was a good carpenter, now also is much more critical of his work. So that may be the only good thing that came out of yesterday.

And to top it all off: my internet connection and phone line stopped working the day before yesterday (before that, it was very unstable and too slow). So yesterday we called the service, and surprisingly they came 2 hours later. He started measuring, and my incoming phoneline is dead. It could be due to a bad cable, or due to some works the building's electrician did in the common corridor. The net result is that my incoming phone cable has to be replaced, but luckily it will only be a part in the common corridor (otherwise it would mean opening up my wall again). And that will be done today...
                        pixar

Comment

Originally posted by VJ View Post
                          This is getting ridiculous...
                          Getting? GETTING??

It must be a hell of a lot of fun to live in Poland to be able to put up with this. I hope it'll be fine very soon(tm) now.
                          Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                          [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Yes...

Current scheduled things:
                            today: fixing of phone line
                            Monday: setting appointment to replace the bottom of the bed
                            Tuesday: fixing of kitchen cupboards (not too convinced on how it will work out, but we'll see)
                            in 2 weeks: fixing of new bathroom cabinet

Unscheduled yet:
                            on site warranty replacement/fixing of shower tap and bath tap
                            installation of glass panel in kitchen (can only contact them if kitchen is finished)
                            replacement of cracked window pane (cracked by itself, but it is not a critical window)

I have found a good group of workers who fixed some things my 2nd team messed up. So I will have them come back to fix a number of small things:
                            fixing of ceiling light (which now does not fit due to supporting beam of the fake ceiling)
                            fixing of cracked doorstep
                            minor decorative things
                            pixar

Comment

Wednesday: sell apartment????

I've never known a saga like it.

Do you see Grand Designs over there?
                              FT.

Comment

My girlfriend's mother is also amazed by the problems that keep surfacing... I really just want everything finished, that no workers have to be in the apartment anymore...

Not sure I know what you mean with Grand Designs in this context...
                                pixar

Comment

Working...
                                X