No announcement yet.

Crappy Fujitsu hard drives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone may have an pcpro mag from last year. If you look under simply computers that may give the warrenty period. A nice little pickie will do.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

The PIT

FYI

IDE drives 3 Years warranty

"The warranty start date commences on the date of purchase by the end-user. If you do not have a copy of your purchase receipt, the warranty period begins on the date of manufacture found on the main label of the drive, plus an additional three (3) months."

I know it's the Fujitsu Canada website but I can't get into the main fujitsu website (network problem).
      Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
      Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
      Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Many thanks I'll reply to them with this it smacks of them trying to get out off replacing there crappy products.
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Maybe you can also find something at their main website http://www.fujitsu.com/

(alas I can't get into their main site, still getting a network problem message)
          Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

I've just have but guess what it seems down at the moment.
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT
              I've just have but guess what it seems down at the moment.
              Guess what drives they're using on their web server.
              <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

We just RMA'ed a Maxtor HD at work (about two weeks ago) it was already 2 years old and the retailer just accepted the disk, he didn't even needed the receipt.

Comment

Using there drives in there web server LOL.

The problem is that it isn't Fujitsu handling the warrenties it's another company. I don't think they can change the warrenty on a whim though.
                  Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

In Europe it's only Twelve months god knows why theres a differance a bit unfair though.
                    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Sorry to hear that.

Comment

The shorter warrenty must be because they get damp after being shipped from Japan therefore the warrenty has to be less.
                        The dustbin beckons and no more Fujitsu stuff for me.
                        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Just to let you know another three have failed at work today.
                          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Just for the record. I have a Fuji 11G 5400rpm since I bought my pc in april 1999 and nothing wrong with it!! )
                            Nothing....

"OO"
                            celeron 1.4ghz tualatin/Slot-T adapter/AX6BC/Matrox G-200 Marvel16mo/320Rams-133@100/SBLive oem/DR-CDrw 16X/Matsuhita cd-rom 32x/Raceleader FF wheel/WD Caviar 40G 7200 X 2 +Fuji 11G 5400 HDS/ Q71/Win98 top notch/DX9.0a/DSL/and faith in a good pc setup...

Comment

Working...
                            X