• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Yeah, you're right, nobody could be that stupid. Hypothetically."

I can think of 1 person that is actually that stupid

CI

Comment

i Don't Wanna know. what kind of Dumb Wanker could be so Dim-Witted?
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Dancing Wombat?
        no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Hey! No making fun of the domain!
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt
            no, I came across some of their execs last time I hopped in Canada, they assured me it would be very price-competitive (with the problems they have with the P right now...). I can't comment on what he said exactly (which wasn't a hell of a lot either). We'll just have to bear the cost of the new process. The first chips will be a bit expensive, but the additional ones are to be very cheap -that's what he said. He didn't give me exact figures (doh!) but he said the first 1000 pcs batch would cover the cost of the process. (So we just have to not buy the first 1000 ones )

He also told me that they coudn't fix the actual core of the P as they were focusing on the next generation chip and on P derivative for their video editing line. He said to be patient and that they'd release the board when it was ready and no sooner.

Of course this is just a not very elaborate yet slightly ironic way of putting things. It probably reflects _a_ reality...
            lemme rephrase: Of course the previous post it total BS

Comment

You gave me hope
              P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
              Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
              And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

-the first chip is expensive: make it $10.000.000, then $1 for the following. So the first 1000 would cost $10.000 a pop.
                -"they couldn't fix the actual core": no they won't do it, unless they get rich.
                -"they're focusing on the next generation chip...": I sure hope they do.
                -"...and on P derivative for their video editing line": probable, as they're still using modified G550 cores (a way to sell defective P cores at a high price).
                -"...be patient and that they'd release the board when it was ready and no sooner": you wish to not repeat the P-mistake? I hope so.

sorry for the broken hopes...

Comment

Working...
                X