Alice and G400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all!

Maybe I´ve missed something, but as far as I can see the FPS-Bug in Alice is not solved yet?! Has anyone any idea when the announced patch will be released? I stopped playing the game until this problem is solved and I´m sure I´m not the only one.
    Come on - don´t let this topic die out!
    We got some attention from the programmers in the heat of our complaints - let´s keep that up!
    I agree with shogun that it must "have something to do with the translucent beams of light " and ROM said on Dec.6th (!!!) that they had sorted it out - so what´s the status??

Glad for any comment you can come up with.
    Best regards
    Zitzlock

Comment

I found a fix on the Matrox forums - copy the TGL opengl32.dll into the game directory.
      This fixed the slowdown for me, but has a number of side effects, so I removed the file as soon as I finished that level. Unfortunately I now seem to have a few graphical glitches left over. Can anyone suggest why?

As to the patch, it was in QA testing just before christmas...

Tony.

------------------
      K7Pro(110), Athlon 930(750)@8.5,108fsb, G400 32 DH@max, 1.6BIOS and 6.21, DX8, SB Live Player 1024, 256Mb PC133 CAS-2, Pioneer 103S DVD, 20Gig IBM 7200 ATA66, LS120, MS forcefeedback pro, CL WebCam III etc etc
      FT.

Comment

I've been waiting too. Have finally decided to try FF8. Hurry up EA!

Comment

jws:

FF8 _sucked_. HARD CORE. TOTAL SUCKITUDE.

There's a reason why it's now in the bargain bin at Electronics Boutique.

It is regarded as the worst game in a 10+ game series.

Don't bother.

Oh, you want specifics? Ok, here's my take on FF8 (and yes, we're getting off topic, so move us):

The characters are utterly forgettable. It doesn't matter who's in your party - just load him/her up with guardian forces. You end up with 3 sets of GF's that you use all the time, and it doesn't matter who has them, as they are 100% interchangeable.

Also, the whole "limit break when under 25% health" thing is bullshit.

Ok, that is all.

HURRY UP EA WE ALL WANT TO PLAY ALICE. Hehe.

- Gurm

------------------
          Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          If only life were as easy as you
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          If only life were as easy as you
          I would still get screwed

Comment

The matrox patch has finally been released by EA. You can find it, in it's 8KB glory, at ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/ea/patches/alice/

Be sure to read the accompanying readme file.

If the patch doesn't solve the problems, please post and let me know.

Comment

Amazing

Comment

Dear Community!

I need you support urgently! Can anyone post me a link to this patch where I can download it. My only internet connection is from my office and I don´t have FTP Access!!!!
                I´m dying to resume playing Alice!

Thanks a lot for your help!!

Best regards
                Zitzlock

BTW. Has anyone checkd the patch yet? DOES IT WORK?!?!?!?

Comment

http://dzeus.student.utwente.nl/g400/files/alicefix.zip

Comment

dZeus - I praise thee!
                    Thanks a lot!

Another question:
                    I got the patch from a friend who downloaded it from the matrox site. The info said something about copying the *.pak file into the base directory BUT the zip file contained only *.ftx files which seem to belong in the textures directory. Which fix should I use?

Thanks for your support

[This message has been edited by Zitzlock (edited 04 January 2001).]

Comment

Thanks DZeus
                      I got it from your link last night. It solved my problems instantly with no side effects so far.
                      Tony.

------------------
                      K7Pro(110), Athlon 930(750)@8.5,108fsb, G400 32 DH@max, 1.6BIOS and 6.21, DX8, SB Live Player 1024, 256Mb PC133 CAS-2, Pioneer 103S DVD, 20Gig IBM 7200 ATA66, LS120, MS forcefeedback pro, CL WebCam III etc etc
                      FT.

Comment

Thanks again dZeus!

Comment

I tried it last night, and although it's not as bad, I'm STILL experiencing quite a bit of lag. The portion I'm in is the round circular room with the boarded up doors. I just left the area where I got the recipe to become small. The round room itself doesn't cause me much lag, but if I go up the stairs, through the little hallway, and into the room with all the bubbling beakers, it gets bad, especially during a fight. I also have the problem when I go into the rooms with the growing flowers, and the room the precedes it. Again, it's jerky, but not completely unplayable (i just have to reload several times until I quit getting killed while I can't respond fast enough) as it was before. I have the new Matrox 6.21 drivers on my G400 Max. Was this area even fixed? Maybe if I can get past it, the rest of the areas won't have lag?

Oddly enough, the patch directory has changed today. There are 2 sets of files there. Which should we be using?

ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/ea/patches/alice/

[This message has been edited by jws (edited 04 January 2001).]

Comment

it's the same patch. I don't know why, but the patch was called blablabla.pk3.zip when I downloaded it... and because Q3A uses zip encoding for their pack files, you effectively unpacked the pk3 files when you unzipped. I just renamed it back to blablabla.pk3 instead.

Comment

There's some slowdown in the 2nd last map at end of the game.

After ending the game I also had a problem with the ending, it cut after 7-8 seconds.

In the 2 last map, I had some weird artifacts on some wall & doors. It looked like green & blue dots.... there was a lot in the last map.

Anyone had the same problem?

Spazm
                              P3-667@810 retail, Asus CUSL2-C, 2*128 mb PC-133(generic), G400DH 16mb, SBLive value, HollyWood+, 1*Realtek 8029(AS) and 1*Realtek 8039C, Quantum 30g, Pioneer DVD-115f

Comment

Working...
                              X