No announcement yet.

'Fusion' cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well if the people with the nda's arn't just pulling your chain than it's not multichip or SLI or fast mem.

don't think it's sound 'cause that's not matrox's thang. anyway they probably would have picked up aureal and their a3d tech if they wanted to get into sound. however they might try to include some type of gemotry output that'll conect to a sound card, for 3d calculations. maybe they'll try to push standard soundcard interface w/vidcard.

whatever it is it has to be seperate from the chip, 'cause it can be on the g450 and g800.

maybe it's voxel rendering chip?

maybe realtime NURBS rendering?

Buback

Comment

• How about, rather than a programmable GPU, a re-configurable GPU?

This gets round the slowdown from running software on the card, and allows new features & algorithms to be implimented as updates - in hardware!

Comment

• Ali: Go look at the driver infs for G200s and G400s. You should see what I mean - the absence of Fusion from 'G800 AGP' don't mean nothing. The Plus however...

Paul.

--
        <a href="http://homepage.ntlworld.com/paul.mccarroll/hosted/arena">The Pace3000 Arena</a>
        Meet Jasmine.
        flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

• Well, following Ant´s advice, I´d take into consideration the "Matrix" question. Don´t iu think it would be a real cool name for a new core, with all the features we expect ( TnL, Dual Head,VCQ2 ) and the new ones Matrox will surprise us with? And about the Fusion game, I believe it´s gonna be a mixture of features, not just a name. Remember that the card is aimed for Graphics market, not like the Orion, its market doesnt need a name with any sense ( like RT ).

PS It´s my second post here though, I´ve been for a long time in this forums

Comment

• bastioned: Are you implying that RT2000 don't mean anything? When was it released and what is it's main use?

Paul.

--
            <a href="http://homepage.ntlworld.com/paul.mccarroll/hosted/arena">The Pace3000 Arena</a>
            Meet Jasmine.
            flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

• The new card will be a Do-It-Yourself-Kit. You get a box with alot of chips and it up to you to choose which features you want. :P
              All you have to do is put it together. You can only fit a limited number of features on the card. There is also a manual included in the box on how to design new features.

Skyflyer

Comment

• skeoch, I don't think you understand. The progressive scan DVD output is what is currently delivered today via various PC based TV-out graphics cards, such as the G400 DH.
                <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

• Skyflyer,

This is not the G800 fusion you're describing, but the next gen of matrox.

G1600 LEGO

Comment

• Nope, xortam. VGA cards with TV-out convert to an interlaced signal for normal TV's to handle. Progressive is what your monitor does (and some HDTV modes) and TV's don't.

AlgoRhythm

Comment

• RT2000

Real Time Video Editing, hence the RT
                      and it was released in 2000

Comment

• You win the grand prize!!!!

Ant will be sending you his socks on new sock day when he takes them off!(every sunday, I think)
                        System 1:
                        AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
                        Epox 8K7A
                        2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
                        an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
                        SBLIVE 5.1
                        Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
                        IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
                        Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
                        3Com Hardware Modem
                        Teac 20/10/40 burner
                        Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

• Yes, sorry AlgoRhythm. I was thinking of the G400 second head which can be used simply as VGA. The "TV's" I've seen that utilize progressive scan PC-DVD are data-grade FPTVs and VGA input hi-def RPTVs. The FPTV (Barco 1208) displayed a very comparable image between an ATI Rage Fury delivered DVD and a 1080i BUD satellite delivered picture of the movie "Sphere": HDTV was just slightly better in facial textures and such. Haven't done a comparison with 720p.

P.S. The point is, Matrox doesn't need to develop anything new to enable progressive scan PC-DVD ouput.

[This message has been edited by xortam (edited 08 August 2000).]
                          <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

• I'm not under any NDA, Matrox won't give me any info but my Far East contacts have

Comment

• -------------------------------------------
                              The new card will be a Do-It-Yourself-Kit. You get a box with alot of chips and it up to you to choose which features you want. :P
                              All you have to do is put it together. You can only fit a limited number of features on the card. There is also a manual included in the box on how to design new features.

-------------------------------------------

Oh great now we not only have to figuer out the drivers, mix and match them, and put them together; we'll have to do the same with the hardware. What progress Are the neccessary tools included?

Mark F.

------------------
                              OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
                              and burped out a movie
                              Mark F. (A+, Network+, & CCNA)
                              --------------------------------------------------
                              OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
                              and burped out a movie

Comment

• Well, Pace, what I referred to is that outside the hard-core-gamers-card world there´s not that need for sensual or attractive names, thats why the RT2000 isn´t called "The Super Incredible Millenium Capture Card TSIMCC" .

My 0,02

Comment

Working...
                                X